New games on cassette

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
Funkyspectrum
Drutt

New games on cassette

Post by Funkyspectrum »

Hello everyone i'm sure most of you are aware of our company and what we do but we're always looking for great new programmers to work with. we release games on cassette and have the largest catalogue of any modern ZX Spectrum publisher ! currently we are making deals with many old software houses, too, to re-release/update their back catalogues so it'll be a fun year ahead ! if you have anything you'd like us to release please get in touch using the details on our site :-)

https://bumfungaming.com/zx-shop/
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: New games on cassette

Post by PeterJ »

Welcome George. I moved the thread to our sales & commercial section.

If you speak to any of the old publishers we are looking to collect permissions to host more older titles on the site. If you can help in this task it would be appreciated.

Peter
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

Funkyspectrum wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:39 am ...
if you have anything you'd like us to release please get in touch using the details on our site :-)

https://bumfungaming.com/zx-shop/
I have concerns of recurring events like the one that happened with "Baby Monkey Alba", where BumFunGamming requested a take down of a youtube video of the game.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ijasHn ... t5Ldb/view

From my perspective, if we provide a free game in download form, and being the developer and copyright owner of a game, take down notices like these are a big no-no, specially when done by others.

Providing a sellable version in cassete form is fine, but it does not entitle the seller/distributor to spread its reach into web media realms and similar, unless it's clearly stated like that in a written contract.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Is that you, George? If so, hello mate! Rafal here.

Don't be afraid to post on this forum more.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I have concerns of recurring events like the one that happened with "Baby Monkey Alba",
I would say Goerge sometimes does controversial things and has a few feuds with some people but still is a very productive, useful member of our little Spectrum community.

Maybe it would be better to leave some things undiscussed to avoid flamewars.
Funkyspectrum
Drutt

Post by Funkyspectrum »

I agree with what Rafal said. there's a history involving the channel in question hosting links to games and circumventing the authors pages, which displeased many people, and if there's a situation with one of our games I will always run it by the author to make sure they are in agreement with any activities that take place subsequently. I think we've all had enough of flamewars. As Rafal said, we do something productive and of benefit to the ZX community. Sadly, the same cannot be said for people who seek to make trouble and drama. If the person responsible is seeking a flamewar or chooses to make disruptive comments regarding our product I shall not entertain it. The person involved is now ignored by the majority of the retro gaming youtube scene and this is for a reason. Continued drama and troublemaking. We're just trying to do something positive and do not wish to be associated with negative, attention seeking troublemakers.
Funkyspectrum
Drutt

Post by Funkyspectrum »

This forum is a great idea and a nice chance for us all to have a clean break from the whirlwind of trouble that WoS (and certain members therein) has become. Let's keep it that way and all try to work forward to make the community stronger instead of endlessly bringing up old "beef" that has, as far as most of us are concerned, been left in the past where it belongs :-)

Our customers are happy and the people who work with us are happy. We are not really making anything by providing the titles on cassette we are just wanting to keep the tape buyers happy and to give programmers the chance to have their titles on cassette, which is a rarity these days.

Onwards and upwards. Those of us trying to do constructive things don't need to be bogged down with jealousy and people deliberately making trouble. This takedown situation has happened with more than one title (yet with the same person/channel each time creating the situation) and has always been discussed with the programmer. It's a shame that an act that's wilfully done to make drama and trouble is now being used to paint us as "bad" and provide a certain person the chance to once again pursue the "victim" angle.

We welcome anyone to review and talk about the titles we release, as do the creators. Anyone is welcome to do so unless they go against the wishes of the developer, which is what happened in all of the cases with this individual (there have been more attempts to cause trouble way before the baby monkey alba situation).

So, let's put this to bed and just look to the future with positivity :-)
Funkyspectrum
Drutt

Post by Funkyspectrum »

And, as I've said, I will not be engaging in discussion on the matter here with the person in question and request that this situation is not re-ignited or brought to this forum. The facts of the situation are as they are. I suggest they do something constructive instead of making trouble for what is an altruistic enterprise designed to benefit everyone. This is an option to wipe the slate clean and move forward. There's no need for troublemaking or goading others. Let's not go to the dark side and give troublemakers what they want. We're all completely tired of the flamewars, believe me.
Funkyspectrum
Drutt

Post by Funkyspectrum »

PeterJ wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:07 am Welcome George. I moved the thread to our sales & commercial section.

If you speak to any of the old publishers we are looking to collect permissions to host more older titles on the site. If you can help in this task it would be appreciated.

Peter
yes mate i can do this as and when we formulate our agreements. I'm sure most people will be happy to do this, I believe that the WoS "denied" titles were due to (sigh) problems created by WoS and their politics which eventually began to annoy a lot of people. If we keep this new forum and site as a productive, positive and friendly place then I see no reason why people would not be happy to have their content hosted here :-)

I will keep you updated ! most of the people I'm in contact with are now long gone from the spectrum scene and are doing many different businesses and suchlike so these things take time as they now have completely different lives but as and when i hear i will let you know and i will not forget to ask :-)
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

Funkyspectrum wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:47 am This forum is a great idea and a nice chance for us all to have a clean break from the whirlwind of trouble that WoS (and certain members therein) has become. Let's keep it that way and all try to work forward to make the community stronger instead of endlessly bringing up old "beef" that has, as far as most of us are concerned, been left in the past where it belongs :-)
I would entirely agree if you hadn't just posted a hate video of your own less than a week ago, and didn't just right there have a dig against another community website for nothing but a personal grudge. That rather makes the suggestion of leaving things in the past seem a tad hypocritical when just last week you were calling other members of this community 'pathological liar' and 'bumbling simpleton'.

I wholly agree with trying to put these debates behind us, but the simple fact is, you clearly haven't.
Funkyspectrum wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:47 amThose of us trying to do constructive things don't need to be bogged down with jealousy and people deliberately making trouble.
Again, I fail to see how anyone can take this seriously while you maintain an offensive and trouble-stirring YouTube series of your own, and can't help slagging off WoS in your own posts. Blogging about press reports and legal proceedings is one thing, but burying it in biased speculation and a constant stream of very personal insults is not the mark of someone 'trying to do constructive things'.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

If I can interrupt myself before this escalates any further, can I suggest that - perhaps - an apology might be appropriate; along with a MOD deletion of the remark about another website. In which case I would be happy to see my own response withdrawn. I could just about bring myself to ignore what others do in other channels, but not when snide remarks are made in the very same post as trying to distance oneself from exactly that behaviour.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Joefish wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:06 pm If I can interrupt myself before this escalates any further, can I suggest that - perhaps - an apology might be appropriate; along with a MOD deletion of the remark about another website. In which case I would be happy to see my own response withdrawn. I could just about bring myself to ignore what others do in other channels, but not when snide remarks are made in the very same post as trying to distance oneself from exactly that behaviour.
For heaven's cake I'm trying to watch an Ashes 2011 DVD here.

I don't think the thread was going to escalate further, but it seems you want it to have further attention. I don't know what you expect to happen but we both know that George is not going to apologise.

Perhaps the most constructive thing here is that authors and customers make it clear to bumfungaming, privately, whether or not anyone (okay, Morcar) can make videos of their games. My stuff is published with Monument and in this situation I would insist that ANYONE can make videos of my stuff.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

My comment has nothing to do with that video. It was about someone signing up to this forum and posting a dig at WoS on their first day.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Well Joefish, guys at charge of WOS and Vega project did worked hard for their reputation and harsh words. And better don't discuss it any further.

I don't know most of George videos but I saw some. He cretainly uses there some strong language but a lot of it is for comedy value. You don't have to
accept this kind of humour and attitude but nobody makes you watch these Youtube videos.

I wouldn't expect George to make here some public apologies for God knows what. Let's just accept and welcome him as a member and time will show what's next.

Oh, and some criticism of WOS is not forbidden here, unlike on WOS ;)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Joefish wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:41 pm My comment has nothing to do with that video. It was about someone signing up to this forum and posting a dig at WoS on their first day.
Granted it's not ideal, hopefully it won't represent the rest of his posts. I'll leave the comment but will PM the team over at WoS to apologise.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

I had a simple concern, that I expressed and gave one case as example.

My post was not to relate with the person of the example, but with the actions of BumFunGamming "supposedly" on behalf of the authors/owners, which apparently was not the case (given the messages posted by the author/owner after the fact on ZX-Dev).

I admit I did not expect several consecutive messages trying to explain/justify, but always sliding to other subjects.
I believe this is not the kind of participation the community wants here, so I ask you all to please avoid similar situations.

NOTE 1: I also find it disconcerting, for a user to "like" is own post.
NOTE 2: To the admins, this could probably be avoided with some software config setting.

Finally, I do not expect anymore replies to the concern I expressed, since no doubts remain on my part.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hello [mention]RMartins[/mention]

After reading your post and checking the PostLove extension I found that we had the setting below set as 'Yes', and I have now set it to 'No'.

Thanks for alerting us to this. phpBB has so many settings that [mention]R-Tape[/mention] and I are still finding them now! I have just tried to like this post and it would not allow me too.