New games on cassette

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Re: New games on cassette

Post by Joefish »

If I can interrupt myself before this escalates any further, can I suggest that - perhaps - an apology might be appropriate; along with a MOD deletion of the remark about another website. In which case I would be happy to see my own response withdrawn. I could just about bring myself to ignore what others do in other channels, but not when snide remarks are made in the very same post as trying to distance oneself from exactly that behaviour.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Joefish wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:06 pm If I can interrupt myself before this escalates any further, can I suggest that - perhaps - an apology might be appropriate; along with a MOD deletion of the remark about another website. In which case I would be happy to see my own response withdrawn. I could just about bring myself to ignore what others do in other channels, but not when snide remarks are made in the very same post as trying to distance oneself from exactly that behaviour.
For heaven's cake I'm trying to watch an Ashes 2011 DVD here.

I don't think the thread was going to escalate further, but it seems you want it to have further attention. I don't know what you expect to happen but we both know that George is not going to apologise.

Perhaps the most constructive thing here is that authors and customers make it clear to bumfungaming, privately, whether or not anyone (okay, Morcar) can make videos of their games. My stuff is published with Monument and in this situation I would insist that ANYONE can make videos of my stuff.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

My comment has nothing to do with that video. It was about someone signing up to this forum and posting a dig at WoS on their first day.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Well Joefish, guys at charge of WOS and Vega project did worked hard for their reputation and harsh words. And better don't discuss it any further.

I don't know most of George videos but I saw some. He cretainly uses there some strong language but a lot of it is for comedy value. You don't have to
accept this kind of humour and attitude but nobody makes you watch these Youtube videos.

I wouldn't expect George to make here some public apologies for God knows what. Let's just accept and welcome him as a member and time will show what's next.

Oh, and some criticism of WOS is not forbidden here, unlike on WOS ;)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Joefish wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:41 pm My comment has nothing to do with that video. It was about someone signing up to this forum and posting a dig at WoS on their first day.
Granted it's not ideal, hopefully it won't represent the rest of his posts. I'll leave the comment but will PM the team over at WoS to apologise.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

I had a simple concern, that I expressed and gave one case as example.

My post was not to relate with the person of the example, but with the actions of BumFunGamming "supposedly" on behalf of the authors/owners, which apparently was not the case (given the messages posted by the author/owner after the fact on ZX-Dev).

I admit I did not expect several consecutive messages trying to explain/justify, but always sliding to other subjects.
I believe this is not the kind of participation the community wants here, so I ask you all to please avoid similar situations.

NOTE 1: I also find it disconcerting, for a user to "like" is own post.
NOTE 2: To the admins, this could probably be avoided with some software config setting.

Finally, I do not expect anymore replies to the concern I expressed, since no doubts remain on my part.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hello [mention]RMartins[/mention]

After reading your post and checking the PostLove extension I found that we had the setting below set as 'Yes', and I have now set it to 'No'.

Thanks for alerting us to this. phpBB has so many settings that [mention]R-Tape[/mention] and I are still finding them now! I have just tried to like this post and it would not allow me too.