Missing screenshot report

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
lfaria
Dizzy

Missing screenshot report

Post by lfaria »

Hello.

I've noticed a problem while I was searching for Gargoyle games: Tir Na Nog is missing the loading screen on the results page.
But on the detail page for that game, it's not missing: https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=5292

Anyway, I was not aware that some screens were stored as GIF files and some others were converted on-the-fly from SCR files (I don't know why use both).
The latter seems to be the problem here: instead of being referred to as:
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/SCRtoIm ... rNaNog.scr
it's simply being referred to as:
pub/sinclair/screens/load/t/scr/TirNaNog.scr missing the "SCRtoImage.php" converter altogether.

Maybe there are other cases like this? I don't know, but should be easy to find.

Note that all the other results in the list correctly show the loading screen.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Missing screenshot report

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]lfaria[/mention]

We will take a look. If you find anymore please let us know via this thread. Please don't report issues with Sam Coupe screens as we are aware of some small issues which will be resolved in the next update.

.scr files are kept for preservation purposes.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

lfaria wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:55 pmAnyway, I was not aware that some screens were stored as GIF files and some others were converted on-the-fly from SCR files (I don't know why use both).
We don't really use both.

Preferably all screens are stored in the original SCR format. The problem with GIF format is that you are discarding some information, for instance content hidden in attributes.

We only have GIF files in screenshots that we received from Martijn's WoS archive, when the original SCR file was not available, so there was no better choice.

lfaria wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:55 pmThe latter seems to be the problem here
The SCR format itself is not a problem. We currently have 14,510 screenshots in SCR format in the database. This is the first time any of them didn't display correctly.

I will be helping [mention]PeterJ[/mention] to figure out what's going on...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]lfaria[/mention] ,

We have now fixed this. Thanks to [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] for his support with this.

Peter
lfaria
Dizzy

Post by lfaria »

Excellent, I've checked and it's now ok, thanks for the fast reaction! :D