WordPress Blog

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
PeterJ
Site Admin

WordPress Blog

Post by PeterJ »

I'm considering adding a WordPress blog to the site and I'm trying to gain an idea as to if people would be interested in writing articles?

I'm thinking retro as well as general technology subjects.

Let me know what you think?
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Re: WordPress Blog

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Sounds like a good idea. Will have to give it some thought.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

It can be the proper place to announce the ZXDB and archive updates, for example.

Other idea might be some articles teaching programming, i. e. a sort of 'machine code for dummies' would be great! :D

Or news around ZXDB, SC or the Spectrum scene.

The problem I see is all this can be done in the forum, so a blog would be good just for stuff with no need of feedback.

Just my thoughts.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

IMO if anyone does write largish articles, then I'd like to see them in a forum thread with concomitant discussion. Perhaps a finalised version of such articles could become part of a blog at a later date? It'd be a shame to detract from the forum.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

My thought was longer tutorials and similar articles. Not just Spectrum related but including general technology. Things like setting up RetroPie on the Raspberry Pi as one example, and setting up ZXDB on your own computer is another. You could consider it as an online magazine.

Thanks for the thoughts [mention]Juan F. Ramirez[/mention], but updates on ZXDB and similar would continue on the forum.

Yes, [mention]R-Tape[/mention] articles would have discussion on the forum.

As I say, my thought is for longer tutorials and guides. It's just a thought right now and will only happen if we get interest. I certainly don't want to detract from the forum.
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

Sounds interesting. I know I'm not the greatest writer, but if I had something worth doing an article about then I could probably contribute.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:18 pm It can be the proper place to announce the ZXDB and archive updates, for example.
Agree. It is a better place to post news: has more flexibility, is less intimidating than a forum and usually indexes better. Also, can be a good way to keep promotional stuff separate from more internal/members stuff. The downside: it is another thing to keep up-to-date.