File download icons

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
R-Tape
Site Admin

File download icons

Post by R-Tape »

Better here than preservation.
Joefish wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:38 pm At the moment you throw in the game download with the pictures, pokes etc, which frankly doesn't help anyone - half the time you can't tell if there's a game download amongst the files at all!
Don't agree. I can find the tapes etc easily but it would be good to get some visually descriptive icons to match that cool anthracite zip* - cassette, disk, map etc

*Did @4thRock design that?
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: File download icons

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

I think it needs an improvement, IMHO. An icon to distinguish TAP files from TZX or Z80 files should be ok. They should be clasified as 'original TZX files', 're-release TZX files', etc. in order, I mean: first, the original release TZX, then the re-releases TZXs. After them, the TAP or the Z80 files...

And these files should be at the beginning of the download section, as they're the most important files of the lot. Or even better, a special download section with the game files and another download section with the rest of the game files (maps, instructions, ...)

Every file type should be spotted quickly.

Just my opinion! :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I will confirm what sizes we need and we will ask for contributions from the community after the festive period. Any contribution will need to be without condition.
kolbeck
Manic Miner

Post by kolbeck »

following this.. as i've been trying to find useable icons for the different file types as well
https://api.zxinfo.dk/v3/ - ZXDB API for developers
zxinfo-file-browser - Cross platform app to manage your files
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend