Looking for bandit and warmtoffee...

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Looking for bandit and warmtoffee...

Post by R-Tape »

Sounds like a dangerous dating profile!

Someone just mentioned one of these names and it just occured to me that something could be done about it.

A while back, bandit and warmtoffee made accounts here, and they got accidently lumped in with a load of unactivated accounts and deleted. There was no visible activity on them, so they were mistaken for inactive accounts :oops:

If anyone's in touch with them, or if they themselves are reading, then could we say we're really sorry and we hope you'll consider re-joining. It won't happen again.
0 x

Ralf
Dynamite Dan

Re: Looking for bandit and warmtoffee...

Post by Ralf »

Bandit was a great man when it came to understand and disassemble some existing game asm code. He could always quickly find bugfixes, cheats and see deeper, proper meaning in the code when for me it was just copying some number from register to register ;)

Hope you are doing well, mate. And that you won't let your skills get rusty :)
0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

On a related note, if anyone is in contact with ewgf please invite him to this forum. I miss his posts and I'm sure he would love it here.

The same applies to anyone else that left the scene for various reasons.
0 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Rick Dangerous

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Curiously I contacted warmtofee (Geoff Wearmouth) last week via twitter, to remind him about this forum (the SC marketing department strikes again! :mrgreen: )

He told me that he had joined the forum and would make a point of visiting more often.

As to ewgf, yeah, another great guy who dissapeared and it'd be great if he joins here.
1 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Rick Dangerous

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

R-Tape wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 pm
For me, it sounds like a Cartoon Network show!
0 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I miss @Nomad

He was very active to start with but has not signed in since 2018. I've emailed him a number of times but never had a reply.

I don't miss @MrPixel though!
2 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

R-Tape wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 pm

Someone just mentioned one of these names and it just occured to me that something could be done about it.

A while back, bandit and warmtoffee made accounts here, and they got accidently lumped in with a load of unactivated accounts and deleted. There was no visible activity on them, so they were mistaken for inactive accounts :oops:
Just for the sake of openess, it was me. The accounts had been created and never signed in. I now review with @R-Tape if any need clearing!
0 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Haha! Sorry Peter, I didn't want to guilt you into anything! When Ralf mentioned bandit earlier I thought it was a good opportunity to give them a shout :D
0 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

No worries!
0 x

Alessandro
Manic Miner

Post by Alessandro »

Bandit was, like AlexLux (Aleksandar Lukic), a strong and chivalrous opponent at the latest Speccy Tours. I miss his humorous quotes :) Not to mention his precious contributions to bug hunting and fixing.

Geoff has a notable knowledge of the Spectrum ROM - he even created a custom one, the Gosh Wonderful ROM - and other technical aspects, and his presence would be welcome here, too.
0 x