Looking for bandit and warmtoffee...

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Looking for bandit and warmtoffee...

Post by R-Tape »

Sounds like a dangerous dating profile!

Someone just mentioned one of these names and it just occured to me that something could be done about it.

A while back, bandit and warmtoffee made accounts here, and they got accidently lumped in with a load of unactivated accounts and deleted. There was no visible activity on them, so they were mistaken for inactive accounts :oops:

If anyone's in touch with them, or if they themselves are reading, then could we say we're really sorry and we hope you'll consider re-joining. It won't happen again.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: Looking for bandit and warmtoffee...

Post by Ralf »

Bandit was a great man when it came to understand and disassemble some existing game asm code. He could always quickly find bugfixes, cheats and see deeper, proper meaning in the code when for me it was just copying some number from register to register ;)

Hope you are doing well, mate. And that you won't let your skills get rusty :)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

On a related note, if anyone is in contact with ewgf please invite him to this forum. I miss his posts and I'm sure he would love it here.

The same applies to anyone else that left the scene for various reasons.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Curiously I contacted warmtofee (Geoff Wearmouth) last week via twitter, to remind him about this forum (the SC marketing department strikes again! :mrgreen: )

He told me that he had joined the forum and would make a point of visiting more often.

As to ewgf, yeah, another great guy who dissapeared and it'd be great if he joins here.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

R-Tape wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 pm Sounds like a dangerous dating profile!
For me, it sounds like a Cartoon Network show!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I miss [mention]Nomad[/mention]

He was very active to start with but has not signed in since 2018. I've emailed him a number of times but never had a reply.

I don't miss [mention]MrPixel[/mention] though!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 pm Sounds like a dangerous dating profile!

Someone just mentioned one of these names and it just occured to me that something could be done about it.

A while back, bandit and warmtoffee made accounts here, and they got accidently lumped in with a load of unactivated accounts and deleted. There was no visible activity on them, so they were mistaken for inactive accounts :oops:
Just for the sake of openess, it was me. The accounts had been created and never signed in. I now review with [mention]R-Tape[/mention] if any need clearing!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Haha! Sorry Peter, I didn't want to guilt you into anything! When Ralf mentioned bandit earlier I thought it was a good opportunity to give them a shout :D
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

No worries!
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Bandit was, like AlexLux (Aleksandar Lukic), a strong and chivalrous opponent at the latest Speccy Tours. I miss his humorous quotes :) Not to mention his precious contributions to bug hunting and fixing.

Geoff has a notable knowledge of the Spectrum ROM - he even created a custom one, the Gosh Wonderful ROM - and other technical aspects, and his presence would be welcome here, too.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

I am in touch with Bandit up to these days. He still helps me to find special pokes for games which I want to map. Without his help I wouldn't ever create so many maps in such a short time!
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

I wonder where Nomad went to. He made an incredible number of knowledgeable and interesting posts in a short period of time, and then he just stopped posting all of a sudden. The assembly chess program he was working on had a thread that grew to be quite legendary in size.

And yeah, I do miss MrPixel. Despite his posts, I couldn't see him as any sort of troll - he seemed like a guy who was genuinely curious about the Spectrum and writing programs. As I remember, he was quite young compared to most people on the forum, which probably didn't help the way his posts were perceived.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I do worry [mention]djnzx48[/mention] when people suddenly disappear, in case something bad has happened to them. I believe he was working in the Philippines.

MRPixel I understand had some medical issues and it just became a daily occurrence having to handle the emails and private messages. I'm sure he is a nice guy and it was hard because we want younger people involved so they can carry on the love when we are gone. [mention]PROSM[/mention] is a perfect example of this.
DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

Haven't seen Pete Prodge around here for a few weeks, does anyone know if he's okay?
PROSM
Manic Miner

Post by PROSM »

DouglasReynholm wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:07 am Haven't seen Pete Prodge around here for a few weeks, does anyone know if he's okay?
He's still posting on Twitter, so he seems alright. He tends to post on here in weekly spurts, if you look at his recent account history.
All software to-date
Working on something, as always.
DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

PROSM wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:14 am He's still posting on Twitter, so he seems alright. He tends to post on here in weekly spurts, if you look at his recent account history.
Ah, okay, thanks. I only noticed as he is quite a prolific poster usually.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

He's hidden somewhere hatching another evil poll!
Warmtoffee
Drutt

Post by Warmtoffee »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:50 pm Curiously I contacted warmtofee (Geoff Wearmouth) last week via twitter, to remind him about this forum (the SC marketing department strikes again! :mrgreen: )

He told me that he had joined the forum and would make a point of visiting more often.
Hi guys and gals,
Hugo Warmtoffee here (Geoff Wearmouth)
Sorry i am so slow. Moving and things. I have Re-activated my account and will visit more often.
I am really impressed with the database and pleased that you preserve my programs and some of my favourites by other people.
I hope everyone is safe and finding things to do in these dire times.
I will be back later. Have to exercise.
Geoff
Bandit
Drutt

Post by Bandit »

Eh up chums. Nice to see you all :) Still got a bit of life left in me yet.

A little story.

Once went to great lengths in bribing a mate with 75p and a packet of rolos to jaunt down to Peter under cover of darkness and hand deliver a couple of Your Computer mags in order to save a few quid in postage.

Then he has the audacity to delete me! Very unbecoming of a specchum but there you go ;)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Bandit wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:38 am Eh up chums. Nice to see you all :) Still got a bit of life left in me yet.

A little story.

Once went to great lengths in bribing a mate with 75p and a packet of rolos to jaunt down to Peter under cover of darkness and hand deliver a couple of Your Computer mags in order to save a few quid in postage.

Then he has the audacity to delete me! Very unbecoming of a specchum but there you go ;)
Wow, I remember that, and I've still got them! Very sorry to have accidentally deleted you.

Lovely to see you here [mention]Bandit[/mention]
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Indeed, great to see you back Bandit.

Peter, you have an appointment with the sweet shop and the post office...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I don't remember which issues I purchased from you [mention]Bandit[/mention], but this is my collection. Your Computer probably has the best memories of any magazine for me. Its the one my sister got me a subscription for so I read it from cover to cover each month.

Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Hi El Bandito! :)

Do you still dig into Speccy code sometimes? :
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Bandit wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:38 am Eh up chums. Nice to see you all :) Still got a bit of life left in me yet.
Welcome Bandit! Nice to see you again!!!!!
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Post by Seven.FFF »

PeterJ wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:30 am Your Computer probably has the best memories of any magazine for me. Its the one my sister got me a subscription for so I read it from cover to cover each month.
Me too. I had several dozen issues, all very dog-eared and coverless. I eventually junked them as the damp and mould had got to them, which was a big shame. Mind you they would be in storage even if I hadn't, as I'm getting less and less likely to ship my pre-emigrating stuff over as the years pass.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins