Chit Chat forum?

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
RWAC
Microbot

Re: Chit Chat forum?

Post by RWAC »

I just need a forum where I can call R-Tape a bellend.
Perhaps this one will do.

R-tape, you're a bellend! :mrgreen:
3 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

RWAC wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:08 am
I just need a forum where I can call R-Tape a bellend.
Perhaps this one will do.

R-tape, you're a bellend! :mrgreen:
Chortle! I've missed that, it's just not the same when Peter calls me one.
0 x

Ast A. Moore
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ast A. Moore »

That lovey-dovey talk can be so annoying: sweetheart, honey, bellend, pumpkin . . . So much mush. Ugh. :roll:

:lol:
0 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.

catmeows
Microbot

Post by catmeows »

And now, the "bellend" is my word of the day. Tomorrow, I will google what "chortle" means. No big expectations on my side, have to say.
0 x

Alessandro
Manic Miner

Post by Alessandro »

I know what "chortle" means but had to look in the online Cambridge Dictionary what a "bellend" is :lol:
0 x

PQR
Dizzy

Post by PQR »

I very much appreciate the compactness and clear focus of this forum. There is a relatively small number of sections that are clearly Spectrum (or computing) related. Personally I have no desire to discuss any other topics here.
1 x

XTM
Berk

Post by XTM »

Alessandro wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:41 am
I know what "chortle" means but had to look in the online Cambridge Dictionary what a "bellend" is :lol:
Tsk, Allesandro ... you've known mel over on WoS for more than a decade and had to look that up? 8-)
0 x

ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

The beginning of the decline of WoS can be traced directly to the addition of the chit-chat forum, so I'd rather avoid having one, thanks very much :D
5 x

DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

I get there is no hunger for an off topic section for the forum, and respect the decision not to. Having said that, there were two topics in the last 6 months I would have liked to have got the opinion of, from other 'like minded' people of a certain age and demographic, and this forum would have been potentially a good place. Politics (of any sort) and religion would be a definite no-no, but my other subjects would have been electronic circuit questions (not Sinclair related), and electronic music production related - not 8 bit/chiptune/AY/SID - just a little bit of promotion for an album project I and some other producers released recently to benefit the NHS - and to rope others on here in if they were interested.

Just to put another view out there, I do appreciate the purity of SC otherwise.
0 x

Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

also the chit chat will clog the "active topics" and other lists in "quick links" and i'm not sure if it's avoidable with this forum engine
1 x