ZXSR integration with ZXDB

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

ZXSR integration with ZXDB

Post by Einar Saukas »

For those that didn't notice, I wanted to point out that Spectrum Computing is now starting to show the benefits of the recent ZXSR (ZX Spectrum Reviews) integration with ZXDB.

For instance if you visit either the main Lightforce page or the alternate Lightforce page, you will see a list of "Annual Awards" and another of "Review Awards", both provided by ZXSR. This information didn't exist in Martijn's WoS. Moreover clicking on a "Review Award" will take you to the corresponding magazine review.

Further down below, in the "Magazine Reviews" section, you can now see a review score in most reviews. This information is provided by ZXSR too. Moreover the main magazines provide an extra link in word "Review". Clicking on this link will take you to the ZXSR page containing a transcript of these reviews.

Please let's keep in mind that, although ZXSR content is fairly accurate, it never got the same "public scrutiny" that helped improve Martijn's WoS for 2 decades and later ZXDB for the last few years. Now that ZXSR data is publicly exposed, finding a few bugs will be inevitable. Please be patient and help our work by reporting any ZXSR related bugs in this thread. Thank you!
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Re: ZXSR integration with ZXDB

Post by Vampyre »

Excellent stuff - looking really good!
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Looks good to me. :)

So next to the ZXSR review links there are reference links to the issue of the magazine with the full review in - I was wondering if it's possible to go direct to the actual magazine page within the issue that the review appears on? A link either from the game's SC page or the ZXSR page, like 'full review' or something? Just in case you want to see pictures etc. This information is there from the review section further down the page so I guess it's stored, not sure if it's possible but I just wondered if it could save a click/scroll?

At the moment, if you go to say, this game, and wanted to see the scan of the Crash review, you click the Crash link page but then have to trawl through the info to find the page that the review is on.
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Good point!

I updated it as you suggested, thanks!
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Awesome - nice one..! :)