Average magazine score

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Average magazine score

Post by PeterJ »

RWAC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:58 am
PeterJ wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:42 pm 11638 Danny Duster's Dirty Deeds 98.00%
This is actually a fake game. It was reviewed in Crash as an April fools joke.
Interesting point. It has an ID though and is reviewed so it's there I'm afraid. Didn't know about this. Thanks for bringing it up.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Einar Saukas wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:45 pm
How much is "close to publication year"? Also what should we do when we don't have a game release date or the magazine issue year?
I was thinking year of release plus next year, if we don't have the information, just count everything. We (still) don't have the information for accurately do this but now I'm curious how this can transform the scores.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

druellan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:26 am I was thinking year of release plus next year, if we don't have the information, just count everything. We (still) don't have the information for accurately do this but now I'm curious how this can transform the scores.
Maybe as we don't have all the information we could do something bespoke for you. I think having half and half would be confusing and would create more debate.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

PeterJ wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:33 am
Maybe as we don't have all the information we could do something bespoke for you. I think having half and half would be confusing and would create more debate.
Yeah, I think you're right. For something directly exposed on the entry, to count all reviews is a better reflection of the times, perhaps in the future we can exclude budget releases properly.
Perhaps the score can me improved with a link or a expanded listing of the reviews used to calculate the score
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

druellan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:48 am Perhaps the score can me improved with a link or a expanded listing of the reviews used to calculate the score
Nice idea!