Calling all Graphic Designers

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Calling all Graphic Designers

Post by PeterJ »

We are looking for assistance in creating some new graphics for the 'downloads' section of the website. These graphics are used to identify the file types. For example tzx, tap, z80, trd.

If you have a flair for designing graphics and would like to help the site then please post some examples here. If we get a number of contributors we can hold a poll to see which is the favoured design. Ricardo (who does most of the site design and layout) tells me that the only criteria is that the graphics need to be square. I would also ask that the design fits in with the general style of the website.

Thank you in advance.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Calling all Graphic Designers

Post by R-Tape »

Can we include a Boaty McBoatface style get out clause in case all the submissions are crap?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]R-Tape[/mention] Good idea.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

What size? 16x16 pixels or 128x128 pixels makes a big difference in designing process.
4thRock
Manic Miner

Post by 4thRock »

Something that looks nice here:
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=5936

We are looking for some icons that will work on this context (icons may also appear on "additional file downloads" ).
Our current icons are 200x200px (resized to 180px on desktop) with plenty of transparent space around.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Just in case you missed it when we originally posted this, we are still looking for designs.

The designer who submits the chosen icons also gets their name on the homepage credits!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

If anyone's going to try for this could they declare an interest this week. Otherwise I'm going to employ someone I know on a 'mate's rate' next week.