SC game scores

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

SC game scores

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Is it possible to allow people to score games?

For every game entry, its average score might be displayed, as in WoS.

And hence SC might include a list of SC top 50 games, in general, by genre, by year...
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: SC game scores

Post by R-Tape »

That would be cool but I can't see the guys having time to implement such a feature anytime soon.

At the moment they are spending time doing bugfixes, which is probably the most boring part with the least to show for it - and therefore the best thing to start with!

Archive and advanced search stuff is the next priority.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

In my opinion it's not worth the work at the moment. The site has currently too few users so any serious voting could take place. We would have 95% of game with not a single vote.

I also remember that there were always some problems with voting on WOS as some guys abused it to show love or hate for their chosen games.

But maybe showing fixed historical scores from WOS would be possible? Are they a part of ZXDB?
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Ralf wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:32 am But maybe showing fixed historical scores from WOS would be possible? Are they a part of ZXDB?
They are already shown.
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

One idea would be scores mainly based on averaged votes on the game club but also on number of downloads and number of games played with Qaop/js