Moderator Action

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Moderator Action

Post by PeterJ »

Thank you. These are the first examples I have had. Appreciated.

The two hour limit won't change though.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

This is how the Atari forum handle moderation...

Moderators control individual forums. They can edit posts in their forums and do that when and if they see fit. If you have a question about a particular forum, you should direct it to your forum moderator. If you have an issue with how something has been moderated send a polite PM to the moderator or the administrators. Opinions on how a particular post has been moderated are not welcome on the public areas of the forum
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

Speccy.org and zxuno.com are moderated but you can always edit your own posts. Two hours are fine though unlimited edits are handy.

Rorth, if you don't want to talk to C.Born I'll do it myself later. By the way, the man has a good pair of papaya fruits if he really called nazi the police :)
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

hikoki wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:52 pmRorth, if you don't want to talk to C.Born I'll do it myself later.
I will contact him myself, but give it a little time first. That shouldn't, of course, stop you contacting him.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:03 pm
Einar Saukas wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:29 pm Perhaps "Other Retro or Computer-related Topics"? What do people think?

Whatever we choose, let's make sure the scope is clear and easily understood, otherwise this change won't solve anything.
We'll need to have a chat and decide what we're most comfortable with, but it'd be interesting to hear more views on this.
Regarding, some kind of "off-topic" area, no matter what, it should at least be computer related (retro or not).
In this area, we could be extra permissive, for some even more off-topic, since we want to avoid this on the other areas.
But I believe it should not be as free as "chit-chat", since this is not what this forum is about.

Maybe people, want to talk to each other, taking into account that they have similar interests, like if they were meeting buddies in a pub.
So that would probably point me into a direction, of a live chat channel, instead of a forum area.

And this could be an eventual solution, to provide an area for some really off topic talks, and make up for this social pub kind of thing, but still having some rules, to keep the place civil.
Just an idea.
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Rorthron wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:36 am
Hikaru wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:16 am Make sure to always read a deleted post before you attempt to defend it.
Yes! If you haven't read the post, you have a very limited view of what it is about.
I noticed I was a little careless in this reply. Strictly my original comment was just to suggest that people exercise some caution when defending posts they haven't read. That was and is my actual suggestion.