I wan' to post a game...

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
MonkZy
Manic Miner

I wan' to post a game...

Post by MonkZy »

I have a brand new game to unleash on the world.

Now I realise I have now way to host the .tzx. Not even so much as an ISP homepage. Can someone advise me of the best way to host a few files. I could google it, but I thought I would see if there was a preferred-by-all method. I do have a RaspberyyPi LAMP server..hehe..but it is as reliable as a Brexit promise.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: I wan' to post a game...

Post by R-Tape »

I hope you'll give SC permission to host it in the archive :D , and if you could extend that permission to all free ZXDB based sites then even better. The site updates are ~weekly though, so if you want to release it instantly I have a bit of webspace if you want that as a temporary measure. Otherwise google docs, better than mediafire and sendspace.
MonkZy
Manic Miner

Post by MonkZy »

I was planning on releasing the whole thing as public domain. I will also post my assembly listing so you can have a chuckle or three :)

Ok I will see what is what with google...I have a google login, but have never really explored what else they offer in the way of services.
Nomad
Manic Miner

Post by Nomad »

Get a free blog account and you can put your source and file there, your development notes put publicize yourself. Not everyone wants to do that though some are very private people. So you could go for the half way house and use github.

Get ya self a blog, write a few articles on what your doing, make a couple of youtube videos and you can go on hipster welfare ... I mean patreon funding. won't pay the rent but your get a few quid for doing the coding/videos stuff like that.

Fairly certain you grant the rights, SC will host the files for you.

I am a total potato but people have been really patient and gave me a ton of good advice here. I would encourage you to post it here. It is a very potato friendly environment.

Lol show us what ya got..

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1fZ7Ap6ebs[/media]
Last edited by Nomad on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Nomad wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:14 pm I am a total potato but people have been really patient and gave me a ton of good advice here. I would encourage you to post it here. It is a very potato friendly environment.
One potato, two potato . . . :lol:

For the record, I generally avoid carbs in my diet.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.