Site Updates

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: Site Updates

Post by Einar Saukas »

PeterJ wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:58 pm @Einar Saukas, yes you are right. I have changed it.
Thank you!!!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

On mobile, haven't checked on PC, but the author search bit of the advanced search is not responding. All other tabs work correctly.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

For people anxiously waiting to see their fix, game, screenshot or thing on the site I should say that the next SC update will not be until next Thursday or so (Peter is in Afghanistan inspecting his opium harvest).

If possible maybe the ZXDB update could wait till next week too? We could add a bit more.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

R-Tape wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:01 amIf possible maybe the ZXDB update could wait till next week too? We could add a bit more.
Okie dokie.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Should I send some more MIA stuff or aren't you ready with old ones yet?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Ralf wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:54 am Should I send some more MIA stuff or aren't you ready with old ones yet?
Yes please, I already added Russian games 2 and 3.

That reminds me - I still need to add Supernudge2000.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

R-Tape wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 pm On mobile, haven't checked on PC, but the author search bit of the advanced search is not responding. All other tabs work correctly.
A friend pointed out something similar. He is using a low resolution laptop, and the search fields are not accessible on both Firefox or Chrome unless he changes the scale of the browser. I'm still unable to reproduce it.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Quick question: why the author names are not clickeable?

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

druellan wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 pm A friend pointed out something similar. He is using a low resolution laptop, and the search fields are not accessible on both Firefox or Chrome unless he changes the scale of the browser. I'm still unable to reproduce it.
It's still doing it, but publisher etc still work. I'll email Ricardo.
druellan wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:13 pm Quick question: why the author names are not clickeable?
They are clickable further down in 'author information' but it might be nice to have it accessible in general too.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

POLITE NOTICE

There will be a temporary hiatus in all site work for the duration of the royal wedding.

Thank-you.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

R-Tape wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:04 am They are clickable further down in 'author information' but it might be nice to have it accessible in general too.
I am of the idea that everything that might be clickeable, should be clickeable (*jem*, also the "Machine Type"?). :D
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

druellan wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 pm A friend pointed out something similar. He is using a low resolution laptop, and the search fields are not accessible on both Firefox or Chrome unless he changes the scale of the browser. I'm still unable to reproduce it.
[mention]4throck[/mention] has fixed the bug (cheers!)*. It works on my mobile, hopefully also your friend?

*it was a misplaced REM statement :roll:

Code: Select all

LET MOBILE=1
REM IF MOBILE=1 THEN INPUT A$
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Is anyone having mobile search problems?

It's working perfectly for me but someone has PMd to say they're having problems since the fix!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

ZXDB Update (Monday 28 May 2018)

Even bigger than the DFS Sale.... This is another huge update from [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention]. A personal thanks to all those who helped out with this one.

Update from [mention]R-Tape[/mention]

Hyperzonky Mega Update!

Run & Load screenshots for ZX81 16K games of IDs from 29053 - 29221
645 cassette inlays! Thanks [mention]pavero[/mention]

New game entries:
Quahappy
Rubicon
Hibernated-1
Nixy the Glade Sprite

New entries uMIA:
Tap Music
Sokoban Pro
Minotaur
Frog Path
Kolobok
Labyrinth 2
Autodrome
Rubik Cube
Helespont
Lion - The Revenge
Zycie Maklera
Supernudge2000

Files & Updates:
Screenshots for Ninjakul in the AUIC Temple
Machine code version, source code & SCREEN for Knights
Latest version of Cross Chase
Latest version of Apullija 13
Ast A. Moore Treasure Island and Fantasy World Dizzy fixes.
Faster version of Capital Cities Tester

Book:
"It's Behind You - The Making Of A Computer Game" Bob Pape's riveting account of the glitz, glamour and GRIME in the making of R-Type.

Thanks: Thomas Kolbeck, Pavel, Ralf, Detective Rorthron, Darryl Sloan, Druellan, Fabrizio, Bizzley

Apologies/ Next time:
Ignacio, ZX81 stuff
Druellan/Ralf, Renegade & Heli MODS
Anyone we've missed.

And a final extra thanks for everyone involved in linking ZXDB sites to Spectrum2.0, allowing us to review new content as well as old. Get reviewing people!
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Great update!

And thanks for posting the list of Pavero's inlays, it'll be very useful for me! 😎
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Congratulations to everyone involved!

(yes, I'm involved too, forgive me this little ego boost ;) )

BTW, why two entries for Kolobok? Something probably went wrong?

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=34307
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=34315

EDIT: also no screenshots and download for Labirynth 2, Autodrome:
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=34308
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=34309
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Ralf wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:44 pm BTW, why two entries for Kolobok? Something probably went wrong?
Aah, I put Kolobok, Labyrinth 2 and Autodrome in the spreadsheet twice...
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I would have an extra question. Are 6 hundreds of inlays subitted by [mention]pavero[/mention] completely new inlays that were totally absent till last update or are they some improved quality scans of already available inlays?
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Ralf wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:28 pm I would have an extra question. Are 6 hundreds of inlays subitted by @pavero completely new inlays that were totally absent till last update or are they some improved quality scans of already available inlays?
The most of them offer improved quality (higher resolution, without cropping, etc.) only. But some of them were totally absent up to this day.

My opinion is the links with old inlay scans (which were replaced by their better versions) should be hidden from SpectrumComputing site. But we need to indefity them in ZXDB firstly and [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] still keeps silent about this topic. ;)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

The following message is from Digital Ocean, who are the company who host our website.

Start: 2018-06-06 21:00 UTC
End: 2018-06-07 03:00 UTC

During the above window, the networking team will be upgrading some pieces of networking equipment to improve performance and reliability for our LON1 location

Expected Impact:

There may be a few minutes of increased latency as well as small amounts of packet loss while we shift traffic to redundant devices. However, all sites should be fully reachable during the maintenance
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

PeterJ wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:27 pm You can use "advanced search" for any arbitrary string in title, publisher or author:
Is it possible to use this to get a list of only games from the Maze genre? (if yes what would be the text to use for the other genres?)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Why would you not just choose maze games from the genre drop-down [mention]R-Tape[/mention]?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I'd like to be able to post a link on the forum (web address of genre search works well but isn't transferable).
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:16 pm I'd like to be able to post a link on the forum (web address of genre search works well but isn't transferable).
Hi again [mention]R-Tape[/mention], if you look at the following post, it tells you how to do it. The actual at the end of the post is the one to use. Email me if you have any problems.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=568&start=50#p9980