Demoscene subforum

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Demoscene subforum

Post by Ralf »

I thought I would ask.

Would anybody here be interested to have a distinct subforum about ZX Spectrum demoscene and demos in general ?

It wasn't very popular on WOS and didn't have own forum but it's actually quite active part of Spectrum world with many high quality demos appearing each year. It's mostly Eastern Europe phenomenon but maybe people here would also be interested to have some news and talk about demos?

Just asking about opinions
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Re: Demoscene subforum

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Some demos are indeed impressive, but for the most part I’d rather they were confined to their respective online presence locations. I’d be fine if someone occasionally posted a link to a demo somewhere in the general area of this forum, but having a dedicated subform? No, thank you.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I'd like to see more Demos, but my two pence is that for now they belong under Brand New Software. If loads get posted then create another forum but only then.

Shocking to think that the Western Europe demoscene is comprised of gasman as far as I know, and I think he's otherwise occupied these days.
Hikaru
Microbot

Post by Hikaru »

Definitely not.
Inactive account
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Okay I suppose no means no :)

And yes, if we want to talk about them we can do it in Brand New Software or Misc.

Biggest Russian forum zx.pk.ru has special Demo section and there is even active Russian forum dedicated only to demos but as I said - Eastern and Western Europe differ much here.

ZX.pk.ru has also "Events" section where they discuss Spectrum real life related meetings and well... events ;) But here we are scattered all over the world so such information is less useful.

But I agree it's not useful to plan too much now. We will see what people will be discussing about and which areas will be less interesting for them
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

And for events we have "announcements" forum now.

If I remember I'll try to give some info there about demoscene meetings whe they will happen.