Online Emulation Update

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
User avatar
RMartins
Manic Miner
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by RMartins » Mon May 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Very nice feature ...

However, for me JSpeccy is too slow (Firefox).
QAOP runs fine (Firefox).
0 x

zx81
Berk
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by zx81 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 pm

RMartins wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:04 pm
Very nice feature ...

However, for me JSpeccy is too slow (Firefox).
JSpeccy don't works as an applet. You are using another emulator, I guess...
0 x

User avatar
Guesser
Dizzy
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by Guesser » Mon May 14, 2018 9:03 pm

zx81 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 pm
JSpeccy don't works as an applet. You are using another emulator, I guess...
Obviously a typo for JSSpeccy...

Incidentally I notice that the results pages also have a (different) typo, 'JJSpeccy'.
0 x
My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.

User avatar
PeterJ
Site Admin
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by PeterJ » Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Hello @Guesser

Good spot. We will get that sorted.

Peter
0 x

User avatar
RMartins
Manic Miner
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by RMartins » Tue May 29, 2018 4:15 pm

zx81 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 pm
RMartins wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:04 pm
Very nice feature ...

However, for me JSpeccy is too slow (Firefox).
JSpeccy don't works as an applet. You are using another emulator, I guess...
Obviously not, it's a Javascript emulator that runs on the browser.
Applets, also run on the browser, when the required Java plugin is available, but most browsers no longer support it, or support is sketchy.
0 x

User avatar
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: USA

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by Seven.FFF » Tue May 29, 2018 4:43 pm

JSpeccy is written in java, by José Luis Sánchez. JSSpeccy is written in javascript, by gasman. Separate emulators.
0 x
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
seven-fff.com/blog

User avatar
RMartins
Manic Miner
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by RMartins » Tue May 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Seven.FFF wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:43 pm
JSpeccy is written in java, by José Luis Sánchez. JSSpeccy is written in javascript, by gasman. Separate emulators.
There are two emulators, with a very, very similar name, that looks like a typo ?
OK, thanks and good to know the difference.

So let me correct my own initial statement.
However, for me JSSpeccy is too slow (Firefox)
1 x

User avatar
PeterJ
Site Admin
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by PeterJ » Tue May 29, 2018 6:00 pm

It is indeed JSSpeccy. No Java thank goodness We do have some typos to fix. You have the option of two emulators.
0 x

zx81
Berk
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by zx81 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 pm

PeterJ wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:00 pm
It is indeed JSSpeccy. No Java thank goodness We do have some typos to fix. You have the option of two emulators.
Don't feed the troll!!!.
0 x

hikoki
Manic Miner
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 am

Re: Online Emulation Update

Post by hikoki » Tue May 29, 2018 8:04 pm

zx81 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 pm
PeterJ wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:00 pm
It is indeed JSSpeccy. No Java thank goodness We do have some typos to fix. You have the option of two emulators.
Don't feed the troll!!!.
Who's opened up this can of worms again?
I recall Joefish was fond of Java, thus it must be a great language
0 x

Post Reply