Due to unusually high levels of website traffic you will be presenting with regular Cloudflare checks for the time being.

Eat the Fly

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Eat the Fly

Post by Andre Leao »

R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Eat the Fly

Post by R-Tape »

Love it - simple, oldschool, cute.

Note for DB - still in development - don't add yet. There's something wrong with the 10 level demo (or me) - the first level has 0 moves allowed which overclocks to 255, and the second level has "1 0" moves, which equates to an impossible 1.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

A game that very much "does what it says on the tin".
DVDfever
Microbot

Post by DVDfever »

R-Tape wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:05 pm Love it - simple, oldschool, cute.

Note for DB - still in development - don't add yet. There's something wrong with the 10 level demo (or me) - the first level has 0 moves allowed which overclocks to 255, and the second level has "1 0" moves, which equates to an impossible 1.
I got the same, and I die after completing level 1. Comments aren't open on the itch-io page, so I can't state this there.
ParadigmShifter
Manic Miner

Post by ParadigmShifter »

I'm sure it will be easy to hack though if you run it in an emulator.

You either want to find out where the initial number of moves is read from and change the values or else where it checks whether the moves has exceeded the limit (every time you move I guess - so start out looking for routines reading the keyboard and progress from there).

I'm sure a poke will be available at some point or a fix.

EDIT: I'm guessing this is how Bethesda handle their releases too :)

EDIT2: Last time I mentioned a bug to Andre the author fixed it pretty quickly anyway and we had a good discussion about perimeters of ellipses :)