New Telesoftware

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Guesser
Manic Miner

New Telesoftware

Post by Guesser »

The Teletext Block Party 2018 in Wigan this weekend saw the release of the first ZX Spectrum telesoftware download in at least a couple of decades. The 'game' is called Too Much Wine and was distributed over a closed circuit UHF television broadcast system in a format compatible with Channel 4 telesoftware and the OEL/Volex teletext adapter.

I'd love to see how [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] will account for that in his database :lol:

The game was broadcast on page 470 of the Block Party 2018 channel which can be viewed via the online teletext emulator here for a short while: https://temp.zxnet.co.uk/teletext-viewe ... 3&page=470 ;)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: New Telesoftware

Post by R-Tape »

Nope. I haven't got a ****ing clue what to do here! Einar probably would—though he might be foxed by the concept of choosing to go to Wigan—but he doesn't have the time.

Guesser, if you want to blitz this into an easily digestible puree for idiots like me, that I can then pass on to Einar, please do :-)

Can't you just post AGD games like everyone else?
Guesser
Manic Miner

Post by Guesser »

Tee hee. :D
I'm hoping that now I've got Block Party out of the way (I spent the last few weeks building the system for distributing four television channels to TVs around the gallery for the event) I hope to get on and complete getting emulation of the teletext adapter into Fuse. Then you can experience the game the way it was intended. (I'm sure I could be convinced to leak the tap file it was converted from if asked very nicely but it was released to the public via telesoftware download).
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Ha ha, that TV remote can do more than I thought! Change channels, display the test cards for each station, sort through the Teletext pages. That's some dedication!!
Guesser
Manic Miner

Post by Guesser »

I linked directly to the channel and page because it's hilarious how many people are utterly foxed otherwise by the need to turn the telly ON first before you can change channel etc 🤣
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Hey, it even goes full screen.

Oh, wait. No picture/geometry adjustment or a way to get into the service menu. Lame.

:lol:
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.