New Game - BSquared

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
R-Tape
Site Admin

New Game - BSquared

Post by R-Tape »

Paul Jenkinson's at it again with a very cool AGD game:

More info here.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Re: New Game - BSquared

Post by MatGubbins »

Just had a blast on this. Fun, entertaining, smooth, puzzle solving, switches, timing, avoiding things, jumping and get to the exit.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Bug report - if you get shot just after you've reached the exit the 'level complete' message appears, but you still die. The level restarts but with any exit.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:23 pm Bug report - if you get shot just after you've reached the exit the 'level complete' message appears, but you still die. The level restarts but with any exit.
Yup, confirmed, level17.
The exit has been used and doesn't respawn. It also means that you can no longer exit level 17 nor progress any further into the game.

There is another bug
Using the switch to build a level block and a nasty is in the same place as the new bit of block will leave a messy graphic (OR AND XOR) of the nasty.

Level 19 has a weird flashing platform... it might be a bug, let's find out. Yup,

Completed and it was colourful.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

MatGubbins wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm There is another bug
Using the switch to build a level block and a nasty is in the same place as the new bit of block will leave a messy graphic (OR AND XOR) of the nasty.
I don't think this one would be an easy fix.

I was surprised to complete it so quicky. I think it's a bit too easy, harder levels rather than restricted lives would make it more fun. Very enjoyable, superb graphics and a jaunty little tune though.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

Looking good.
Good layout, nice graphics and animations.
Also very good player control.

But after playing 3 or 4 screens, I'm curious how the developer will make the mechanics more interesting in the next levels.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Funny, nice game.

At first I wondered what I am supposed to do as it wasn't obvious but soon I got it.

Very nice, merry music.