TIKI TACA

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Re: TIKI TACA

Post by GreenCard »

Looks fantastic! Great work! :)

I'm sure I'm just "having a bit of a moment", but I can't seem to download it. I keep getting a "tzx files cannot be previewed" page with no download link.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

GreenCard wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:19 pm Looks fantastic! Great work! :)

I'm sure I'm just "having a bit of a moment", but I can't seem to download it. I keep getting a "tzx files cannot be previewed" page with no download link.
If you go to this page, at the top right you should be able to click 'download'—that'll give you the full .RAR
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

If you go to this page, at the top right you should be able to click 'download'—that'll give you the full .RAR
I would have a general request here. Please people, don't use .rar as packer for Spectrum games.
Use .zip instead. Rar files aren't recognized by most popular emulators. You cannot load .rar file directly into an emulator, you have to depack the files first. With zip you can just click on it and Spectaculator or Spin will allow you to load one of packed files.
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Post by GreenCard »

R-Tape wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:35 pm
GreenCard wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:19 pm Looks fantastic! Great work! :)

Aha! Got it now. Many thanks. :)
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

What a great game, thanks!
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

How can I drop objects? E.g. if I want to lure Mummy or Hunchback ...
Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

pavero wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:57 am How can I drop objects? E.g. if I want to lure Mummy or Hunchback ...
Objects work if you carry them. If you carry the bottle of milk, the mummy doesnt follow you. If you carry the skull, Hunchback let you pass the door (if you carry blue key), etc.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Climacus wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:37 pm
pavero wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:57 am How can I drop objects? E.g. if I want to lure Mummy or Hunchback ...
Objects work if you carry them. If you carry the bottle of milk, the mummy doesnt follow you. If you carry the skull, Hunchback let you pass the door (if you carry blue key), etc.
Thanks, Climactus!

I would have some more questions on you.

1) Is there only one object (the skull) which can be used on Hunchback? Not 8 as in the original game?

2) Can Dracula appear in any floor?

3) Can the Mummy appear at the ground floor or the first floor only?

4) Can the Demon and Frankeinstein appear in the Caverns only?

5) Is the room with Hunchback always the same?

6) One part of the key can be on the stairs, but there are no stairs in Tiki Taca. Where can be found this part of the key in Tiki Taca?
Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

pavero wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:33 pm
Climacus wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:37 pm Objects work if you carry them. If you carry the bottle of milk, the mummy doesnt follow you. If you carry the skull, Hunchback let you pass the door (if you carry blue key), etc.
Thanks, Climactus!

I would have some more questions on you.

1) Is there only one object (the skull) which can be used on Hunchback? Not 8 as in the original game?

2) Can Dracula appear in any floor?

3) Can the Mummy appear at the ground floor or the first floor only?

4) Can the Demon and Frankeinstein appear in the Caverns only?

5) Is the room with Hunchback always the same?

6) One part of the key can be on the stairs, but there are no stairs in Tiki Taca. Where can be found this part of the key in Tiki Taca?
Sorry. Now I cant answer you all the questions. I cant remember. Ill tell you it on Monday
Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

Ive fixed a bug reported by JPNZ (vey thanks) and the game is in the link of download.

Thanks.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

pavero wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:36 pm The map ... finally :)

https://maps.speccy.cz/map.php?id=TikiTaca
Very, very thanks!!!!