The Quest for the Sacred Flame of Hestia

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

The Quest for the Sacred Flame of Hestia

Post by 8BitAG »

New Quilled text adventure by Simon D. Allan.

See...
http://solutionarchive.com/game/id%2C81 ... C+The.html
You are Jason, the son of Aeson of Lolcus. Your Father needs to meet with you urgently at the Palace to discuss the new Temple that he has built in honour of the Goddess Hestia.
The Temple will have a hearth inside it and the fire will be used to light every lantern and stove within the City walls. The hearth must be lit before the next full moon and your Father will provide you with further details of your quest when you meet with him.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
spider
Dynamite Dan

Re: The Quest for the Sacred Flame of Hestia

Post by spider »

Thank you. :)

I was thinking only a few weeks ago about 'new' Quilled games, as these days generally speaking those wanting to do this would use PAWS or perhaps GAC. Despite its 'age' and the (difficult to me at least) use of Illustrator to get a combi/split screen game it still has a -lot- to offer generally imo.

I do need to post a topic about something related to this but I've not had time to formulate what I need to write as of yet.

Quick couple of minutes playing the game = Looks good to me! :)
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

If you're just doing a VERB NOUN adventure, then the Quill is still a good option for an adventure writer, particularly when using additional utilities like the Patch, as you technically have a little more memory to play with.

Yes, more people tend to use PAW these days (it's what I've always used myself) as that is a more powerful system and there are various aids to enable development on a modern PC. There have still been some interesting games developed using Quill these past few years... Resistance was a great game from earlier in 2019. Stefan Vogt originally developed Hibernated on C64 Quill last year, before taking it to PAW and then finally into DAAD.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Review and map of the Palace and the harbour. Need some hints to open the hatch now... ;)

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... estia.html