Nixy 2

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Nixy 2

Post by Andre Leao »

Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: Nixy 2

Post by Ralf »

Ready. Click the link to go to the download:

https://www.bubblesoftgames.com/nixy-an ... ds-of-doom

It's very pretty, atmospheric platformer with nice graphics and music. Personally I just find it a bit too hard.
Your opinions?
zxbruno
Manic Miner

Post by zxbruno »

Hi Ralf. The link above is broken. Correct link: https://www.bubblesoftgames.com/nixy-an ... ds-of-doom
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Thanks Bruno!
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

I don't find it that hard. The team behind it has done a nice job in the graphics and music department, but as a game in itself, I think it is a simple platformer like many others.

Besides, I find the idea of having to deal with separate keys for "jump" and "up ladder" questionable. I managed to do without that in Sophia II.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I don't find it that hard.
Personally I found hard to master these platforms that appear and disappear and you have to walk on them while avoiding the baddies at the same time.

By the way I agree with you Alessandro about strong and weaker points of this game. It has good presentation (graphics, music, animation, "mood") but has a rather standard gameplay.

There nothing wrong about it. A good game must have good (presentation OR gameplay OR originality) Here it fulfills the condtion ;)
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Ralf wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:05 pm There nothing wrong about it. A good game must have good (presentation OR gameplay OR originality) Here it fulfills the condtion ;)
I agree Ralf - good, in fact. Not a masterpiece, but good. That's what I think about it :)
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

I’m loving this game. For me it’s got that ‘just one more go’ appeal and just the right level of difficulty. I’ve managed to get into the castle and now I need to find some magical water 😀
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

Very nice graphics indeed!