Dirty Dozer

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Dirty Dozer

Post by Andre Leao »

Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Re: Dirty Dozer

Post by Alessandro »

Similar to the classic Sokoban but on platforms instead of the traditional top-down maze view. Nicely done, and the fact that the author did it all by himself is a big plus in my book.
zapiy
Drutt

Post by zapiy »

Yes, this is a great game, one coming to a tape near you real soon..
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Fantastic game. One of my faves of the year. Just played it through to the nude robots at the end :o

It's also a very impressive use of AGD—it must make use just about every feature possible. Migueto must have spent ages designing the levels, but I suspect he struggled to maintain the puzzle element. For example, in almost every case, there is no reason *not* to bulldoze every white block you see.
Alessandro wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:25 pm ...and the fact that the author did it all by himself is a big plus in my book.
Indeed—there's not many all-rounders like this. Graphics, code, design and music. I hate him!
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I suppose I have a very weird issue to report.

The game if loaded in standard accelerated mode on 128 kB version crashes at the menu in Spectaculator.

Loads okay in 48 kB mode and okay in 128 kB mode without fast loading :(
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Which file did you load Rafal? The .TZX loads fine in Spectaculator 8.0 under both 48K and 128K emulation with fast loading enabled.
Daren
Manic Miner

Post by Daren »

Ralf wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:39 pm I suppose I have a very weird issue to report.

The game if loaded in standard accelerated mode on 128 kB version crashes at the menu in Spectaculator.

Loads okay in 48 kB mode and okay in 128 kB mode without fast loading :(
Happened with me too. If you load it in "ZX Spectrum +2A (Black Case)" mode there's no crashing on 128K fast mode.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

It'd be cool if [mention]miguetelo[/mention] would consider releasing the AGD snapshot, so people could try designing their own levels.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Which file did you load Rafal? The .TZX loads fine in Spectaculator 8.0 under both 48K and 128K emulation with fast loading enabled.
I just loaded the file form the link given by Andre Leao. First clicked "aqui" ;) then got transfered to Dropbox and got my files there.