Woot! ZXMAS Tape Magazine 2017

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Einar Saukas
Manic Miner

Re: Woot! ZXMAS Tape Magazine 2017

Post by Einar Saukas » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:37 am
It's not available from SC yet as I need to have a crack with Peter if SokobXXX is allowed or not (NSFW after 8 levels), also there may be one more game to add.
That's easy. We will have an entry for the magazine itself, then separate entries for each included demo or game. Like this:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=30342

Except one of these included games will be marked as "x-rated" thus sites like SC can optionally block that file only.
0 x

Ralf
Manic Miner

Post by Ralf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Please people, don't remove adult titles from Spectrum Computing. 99% of us are old men in 30s, 40s and 50s and we all know how a naked human body looks like ;)

If some lost kid would come here then it would be enough to put some warning, maybe require clicking that he accepts watching and downloading adult content.

(yet I suppose that if someone is lost in Internet he'll find his way to Redtube much easier anyway than to Spectrum Computing ;) )
0 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Peter needs to be more careful than most in his line of work, so I've no problem with my pervy puzzle game being excluded from the main archive :-) . I don't think anything is finalised anyway, just that adult titles will not be in the openly accessed main archive (same as WoS).
0 x

Spud
Microbot

Post by Spud » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:44 pm

Gave the magazine a good read and tried out the games and demos last night. Great editorial content and some really terrific quality games. Thanks for producing this again this year.
0 x

Einar Saukas
Manic Miner

Post by Einar Saukas » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Ralf wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:12 pm
Please people, don't remove adult titles from Spectrum Computing. 99% of us are old men in 30s, 40s and 50s and we all know how a naked human body looks like ;)

If some lost kid would come here then it would be enough to put some warning, maybe require clicking that he accepts watching and downloading adult content.

(yet I suppose that if someone is lost in Internet he'll find his way to Redtube much easier anyway than to Spectrum Computing ;) )
In original WoS, there's an opt-in config option for logged users to see x-rated titles, otherwise they are hidden from searches. It's a great solution, I suggest that SC does the same!
0 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Anybody manage Rorthron's cryptic clues? I found them all manageable, after reading the answers...
0 x

bob_fossil
Microbot

Post by bob_fossil » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:03 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:25 pm
Anybody manage Rorthron's cryptic clues? I found them all manageable, after reading the answers...
I managed to work out clue no. 2 (and I think that was because I couldn't think of another Spectrum game beginning with Ken off the top of my head). The rest were a bust.
0 x

MatGubbins
Manic Miner

Post by MatGubbins » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:04 pm

From the Express letters page,

Dear Sir/Madam,
Being a complete nutcase and a fan of Youtube unboxing videos. I'm offended that in the SokobXXX game, I selected the crates, but when I completed a level. the planks of wood were not removed from each crate so I could not peek inside.
Lady Diana, we love you!! Ooohh!!! bubblewrap and sellotape......
A.Fruitcake, Moanington-on-the-Weird, Berks
1 x
Bomb Munchies Ver1930 17th Nov 2017 (look for the blue download box ) If you get a time-out message and live in the UK then try after 9pm-3am.
Send me a PM and I can email it to you too. Kent, UK

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Dear Sir/Madman,

After an invigorating sojourn to John Menzies in the high street, and buying a copy of Christmas Crapmas for £14.99, I am severely displeased to discover that the rigorously challenging first level was followed by a literally impossible second. There is a white enemy at the bottom right that moves one char every twenty minutes, which impedes progress on a level with a time limit of a mere 14 CGD units.

I would like to complain in the strongest terms, ask for a full refund, and call the author a bellend.

Felicitations

Desmond Gruntled, also Berks.
0 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Egad! Christmas Pudding attack is actually playable.

The key response and speed seems impossible to begin with, but it benefits from a non constant frame rate - so the more things that explode, the slower the game. I'm still amazed Text Voyage thought the caps shift speed up option necessary tho.

An unbeatable hiscore of 640.

0 x