Coloristic

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Solaris104
Drutt

Coloristic

Post by Solaris104 »

There is a new game for ZX-Spectrum 48k and higher.
It is a remake of a mobile puzzle game from iOS with the kind election of flood author Daniel Krautwurst.

It is about filling the entire playing field with one to four colors in a given number of steps for each color. Levels are 80, and at the end it really attracts.

Download
http://d.borik.net/speccy/sindikat_coloristic.zip
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: Coloristic

Post by Ralf »

Very nice. Try it in 128kb mode, it has AY music.

At first I was a bit confused what's the deal with all these colours because In first levels you actually use only one colour to fill all the board and you don't have to switch colours. But later more colours appear and it becomes really interesting.

The graphics are simple but neat and nice. Generally a good job.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

It’s pretty good, but damn those non-redefinable QAOP keys!
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
mborik
Drutt

Post by mborik »

Hi, it could be played with Cursor or Kempston joystick.

BTW, Thanks to Solaris for promo. ;)
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

mborik wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:32 pm Hi, it could be played with Cursor or Kempston joystick.
That’s good, and Sinclair joystick would be even better, but redefinable keys are a must for a modern-day game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
mborik
Drutt

Post by mborik »

I could agree... for shooters and arcades with 5 control keys it's must. But this is logic puzzle game and if you just count number of control functions on the plan I don't even imagine that complex redefinition screen. :)
For me, QAOP is speccy-world standard, something what everyone knows, what doesn't cross your fingers and I've provided alternative with cursors or Kempston.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

mborik wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:58 pm For me, QAOP is speccy-world standard, something what everyone knows, what doesn't cross your fingers and I've provided alternative with cursors or Kempston.
I completely understand your reasoning, however flawed it may be. What I’m saying is that I cannot enjoy your game, because I find the controls clunky. I’d love to, but I just can’t. I have not been able to get to grips with QAOP over the past thirty-odd years, so it’s pointless to expect me to do so now. I’m just too old for that. :D A redefine keys routine is 300 bytes at most, along with the text for key labels and a duplicate key check. Feel free to use mine, if you’re short on time to code your own.

pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Very nice logical game, I have completed all 80 levels now. :-)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Very nice, and typically stylish with Martin and ub880's characteristic use of PAPER. Level 15 was the first one I struggled with, now I'm at #28 and scratching my head. At first I felt I was being eased in a bit too much, but new ideas get introduced and they need a few trainer levels. Anyway, 80 levels in total, nobody will be finishing this anytime soon!
pavero wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:37 pm Very nice logical game, I have completed all 80 levels now. :-)
:lol:
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Deceptively simple, intriguing and challenging. I don't know the original, but as a Spectrum game, I find it very nice. Kudos to everyone involved.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

A colourful puzzle game with QAOP keys, that ticks all the right boxes for me!Level 32.....
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

MatGubbins wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:07 pm Level 32.....
Not my favourite band, but they don't half have some funky basslines.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 pm
MatGubbins wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:07 pm Level 32.....
Not my favourite band, but they don't half have some funky basslines.
Do you mean Level 42?

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Yep I knew. Sorry, it seemed funny at the time :D
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:51 pm Yep I knew. Sorry, it seemed funny at the time :D
Yeah, I was trying to come up with of a few jokes myself when I was at that level. Decided they weren’t worth it. :lol:

Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Enjoyable puzzler... Though with 80 levels I suspect this will eventually get too taxing for my brain cells to complete. [mention]pavero[/mention] is clearly superhuman. :P
R-Tape wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:58 pmLevel 15 was the first one I struggled with
Me too, that one was the first one I got stuck on. At least for a while.

After completing it I breezed through the next few up to 19, then accidentally closed my emulator without saving or noting the level code... :lol:

Don't suppose anyone wants to 'spoiler-remind' me of the code for level 19, save me going through them again?
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Morkin wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:09 pm Don't suppose anyone wants to 'spoiler-remind' me of the code for level 19, save me going through them again?
Spoiler
DC074fff

Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Okay, finished it. For a game with such a vivid name, the trophy is a black-and-white disappointment. :lol:

Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

It's good and quite original.

If you've played 20 levels and believe you've seen all the mechanics then it's not true :)

At leter levels you have special fields. The ones that must be filled with chosen colour. Or
"directional" fields where you can enter them only by going e.g. left or down.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 pm
Morkin wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:09 pm Don't suppose anyone wants to 'spoiler-remind' me of the code for level 19, save me going through them again?
Spoiler
DC074fff
Awesome - thanks..! :D
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
mborik
Drutt

Post by mborik »

Hey guys, some minor bugfixes was done and I've added some subtle 48k beeper sounds to feedback user's actions.
Also I've built a special ROM version which was included in archive... so please, redownload. ;)

http://d.borik.net/speccy/sindikat_coloristic.zip
Mousey
Microbot

Post by Mousey »

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to the creators of the game. I've just completed all 80 levels over several play sessions - my poor old brain couldn't take doing much more than 10 levels a time once it got past level 20!

I rarely play puzzle games on my Speccy (Split Personalities excluded) but this got me hooked. Excellent music, and a lovely clean art style that at times made me forget it was a Speccy game.

If you haven't tried it then why not give it a go? It was thoroughly enjoyable, and I'm hoping for a sequel or at least an expansion.
DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

One of my games of the year, would love a sequel or more levels. Thanks to @mborik.