Invaders RX

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
highrise
Manic Miner

Invaders RX

Post by highrise »

For those that don't frequent Facebook, Here is a quick update to Invaders RX with a simple attract screen. This is a game I'm writing from scratch in pure assembly to hone my skills and try out some new techniques. It's not a 'pure' conversion, I just wanted to see how good an invaders game I could write on the basic 48k machine, as opposed to the emulator which runs on 128k machines only. Having been an avid fan of the arcade machine in the early 80s, I haven't found a version on the 48k I was happy with. Hopefully I can change that.

It's still a bit buggy but most of the main elements are in place. I'm hoping to do more work on this in the next few weeks. If you'd like to keep up please subscribe to my Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIUbrJ1hiwU
PaulJ
Microbot

Re: Invaders RX

Post by PaulJ »

Looks really nice. Looking forward to the final game.
Paul Jenkinson | The Spectrum Show & other stuff!
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Nice... Looks very authentic..! :)
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Look nice. As nice as Space Invaders may be.
Having been an avid fan of the arcade machine in the early 80s, I haven't found a version on the 48k I was happy with.
Well, for me Space Raiders were good enough ;) But I'm always happy to see people trying to do something even better.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Not too shabby. Could benefit from some refinements, but looks very solid as is. Keep it up!
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
ianace
Manic Miner

Post by ianace »

Looks nice, how far to finishing are you?