Jilly's Farm Volume 1 - SokoBAArn!

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Re: Jilly's Farm Volume 1 - SokoBAArn!

Post by Morkin »

Andre Leao wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:30 pm At level 24 right now, but didn´t figure yet how to complete it...
Yup - me too... Was pretty much flying through until this point!
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
bobs
Microbot

Post by bobs »

Thanks for all the great comments everybody! :)

There should also be a cassette release of the game next year, potentially with more levels

I’d very much appreciate donations via my site or itch.io if you are enjoying the game
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Great stuff. We had many Sokobans on Spectrum already but not an isometric one ;)

We may have quite a few isometric games recently but they are usually made with this 3D Game Maker which offers very few possibilities to make your game different from previous ones. Here we have a brand new engine and I do hope that Bob will use it more times than once :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Completed. It did get tricky in the mid twenties, to ease off at the end.

Having a play with the level designer and came up with this:

Level code here if you can't read the pic:

lEya aavW
nYqxNauec
Aqfa aaam

I think it's difficult, but I've been staring at it and rejigging it for a while, so there may be a shortcut that I'm blind to.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:54 pm Completed. It did get tricky in the mid twenties, to ease off at the end.

Having a play with the level designer and came up with this:

Level code here if you can't read the pic:

lEya aavW
nYqxNauec
Aqfa aaam

I think it's difficult, but I've been staring at it and rejigging it for a while, so there may be a shortcut that I'm blind to.
Yup, can be completed, a lot of middle shifting and unshifting (get me drift...) to slide those bails around.
bobs
Microbot

Post by bobs »

Ralf wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:07 pm Great stuff. We had many Sokobans on Spectrum already but not an isometric one ;)

We may have quite a few isometric games recently but they are usually made with this 3D Game Maker which offers very few possibilities to make your game different from previous ones. Here we have a brand new engine and I do hope that Bob will use it more times than once :)
Unfortunately I'm fresh out of ideas for new games, so although I have (most of) a 3D isometric engine, I can't think of anything to actually do with it right now. Each game seems to take longer for me to write than the one before, and I'm not sure if I'll write any more, or if I do whether they'll be for the Spectrum or not. But never say never eh?
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Excellent stuff Bob. I must say I still like the Farmer Jack games more than anything else you have produced so far, but this is a worthy addition to an already great record.
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

Very cool 3D game!
This Escher's "impossible" painting may give you ideas for a new game.

hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

^^^
There seem to be a few Escher-esque puzzle games on the Playstore, like Hocus or Monument Valley, though I had in mind an Escher-esque Pacman where the player could flip between different perspectives unlike the baddies who would be restricted to move in one single perspective. I think it'd be fun to play.
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Post by Seven.FFF »

I agree! I liked the way you could flip in 2D, in Andy Johns' Ooze. An Escher plane game would be spectacular.

I have occasionally thought about Monument Valley on the Spectrum. That would be quite a feat to pull off...
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
jmk
Drutt

Post by jmk »

Congratulations and thanks for making another fun game!
Just like before, it's yesterday once more.
bobs
Microbot

Post by bobs »

I’ve uploaded a new build (v1.01) of #SokoBAArn to my itch.io page, with a fix for the bug Neil Beadle found, where ‘reversing’ the final bale into position would cause ole’ Sheepy to jump into thin air - a good trick to be sure, but a little too magical for this game...

You can download it from https://bobs-stuff.itch.io/sokobaarn as before, and please, if you have enjoyed playing the game, and haven’t donated yet then maybe now is the time? (Especially as my build laptop is slowly falling apart!)