The Hoarder

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

The Hoarder

Post by Andre Leao »

Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Re: The Hoarder

Post by Lethargeek »

the screenshot looks like a reskin of Rade Blunner by the same author
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Lethargeek wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:18 pm the screenshot looks like a reskin of Rade Blunner by the same author
Game is similar, yes. MK2 engine...
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

Andre Leao wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:44 pm
Lethargeek wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:18 pm the screenshot looks like a reskin of Rade Blunner by the same author
Game is similar, yes. MK2 engine...
MK1 engine, and not just 'similar' but as i said, a reskin - same rooms, only the sprite and background tile gfx was changed
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Yes, it is a game developed on a couple of weekends while the author is working on other more demanding titles.
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

Dear all, as Lethargeek and druellan said, it is a skin and it is documented as a skin (probably the only one I will make) in the site of the game.

https://github.com/Iadvd/Retrocomputing ... TheHoarder

:geek: Graphics, tiles, music, etc. have been created on purpose, but the map is the same one. I usually myself notify the new games here in the forum but in this case as it is a skin I did not notified it as a "new" game (in the post of 2020 new games I mean). I wrote it to say hello, I am still alive, and because it is May and I am working in a more dense project, an space adventure that it's taking all my efforts (so far 5 months!). I will notify that one as a new game when I finish it! (less that two months from now, I hope!) :oops:

I hope this one will entertain a little while to those who like simple and easy platform games. Cheers! :)

btw... I suggest to see the message on the win screen. ;)
Furillo Productions' games can be downloaded here:
https://furilloproductions.itch.io/
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

iadvd wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:19 am Dear all, as Lethargeek and druellan said, it is a skin and it is documented as a skin (probably the only one I will make) in the site of the game.
oh, hi! i didn't read it, i just immediately recalled the map layout and sprites similarity because not so long ago i did kinda "reskin" of Rade Blunners myself too :lol: for my special "enhanced" emulator (maybe you'll check it out) ;)
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

Oh I am really sorry I did not know about your "reskins", I will sure check your emulator.
I am very honored you used my games, I will have a look right now!! Thank you for the link! :)
Lethargeek wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:04 am
iadvd wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:19 am Dear all, as Lethargeek and druellan said, it is a skin and it is documented as a skin (probably the only one I will make) in the site of the game.
oh, hi! i didn't read it, i just immediately recalled the map layout and sprites similarity because not so long ago i did kinda "reskin" of Rade Blunners myself too :lol: for my special "enhanced" emulator (maybe you'll check it out) ;)
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

@R-Tape Hi! Just in case, please feel free to add it to your 2020 list (as a Rade Blunner reskin)