Bobby Carrot

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Bobby Carrot

Post by Andre Leao »

What a beautiful new game... First mega game of the year... :)

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.pt/201 ... arrot.html
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: Bobby Carrot

Post by Ralf »

Some screenshot:

It's great! Play it people. The idea is simple - you are a rabbit/hare (I'm not sure ;) ) and you have to collect carrots. But it makes a great puzzle game with clever puzzles and beautiful execution (graphics, music). I didn't have much time to try it but for sure I'll play it more.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I never played the mobile version this is based on, cool game.

Can anyone elucidate what the role is of each author? (Code, AY, loader etc) and which country Quiet and Zorba are from (I guess Russia).

Diver
Quiet
Kyv
Zorba
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

Tip:
some real names and nicks from the East can be found by searching zxart.ee
also some of these authors are on my site
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

I had a blast with Bobby Carrot last night and great fun it was too.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

I find it certainly good but not as great as Andre thinks - well, most of the times I disagree with him so it's no surprise to me :lol: It has obviously been put with great care by its authors, but it's a very simple game at its core, nowhere near as varied or complex, as, say, Chip's Challenge or Supaplex. I managed to get to level 20 at my first go, and I am not an ace at puzzles :lol: But I guess it's the same with the original game as well, which I was unaware of until now.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

See the map from Pavel for statistics (on the right side) which author did what:
https://maps.speccy.cz/map.php?id=Bobby ... art=0&ath=
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Alessandro wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:27 pm I find it certainly good but not as great as Andre thinks - well, most of the times I disagree with him so it's no surprise to me :lol: It has obviously been put with great care by its authors, but it's a very simple game at its core, nowhere near as varied or complex, as, say, Chip's Challenge or Supaplex. I managed to get to level 20 at my first go, and I am not an ace at puzzles :lol: But I guess it's the same with the original game as well, which I was unaware of until now.
Eheh, now try the Easter eggs levels 😉

Anyway, we agree at least in obe thing: Sophia is a masterpiece... 😊