New version: APULIJA-13 V2.0

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: New version: APULIJA-13 V2.0

Post by R-Tape »

Alessandro wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 am You have got a point, Einar. I reworked the game quite extensively - there are many new things going on 'under the hood' - and I feel this new version is much more adherent to the vision I wanted to turn into reality five years ago. Comparing the two versions of a game that was already well received in its earlier and more primitive form could be a sort of 'case study' for aspiring designers - who knows? However I am concerned that users could be bewildered when presented with so many files to download.
I also think having v1 and v2 side by side could be problematic, for newcomers it may just mean one is a variant rather than the improved, definitive version. My suggestion would be to have the old version zipped with a .txt file of the history and available in 'additional downloads', we could call it developmental material.

The same goes for LIMS, it would be a shame for the original versions not to be available at all.

If there was a special section for philological purposes, containing older versions and/or unfinished material... But maybe I am asking for too much.
Yep! :-p
(Maybe I shouldn't speak for others as it's not me doing the work, but I can't see that happening anytime soon).
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 pmI also think having v1 and v2 side by side could be problematic, for newcomers it may just mean one is a variant rather than the improved, definitive version. My suggestion would be to have the old version zipped with a .txt file of the history and available in 'additional downloads', we could call it developmental material.
That could be a solution. I want users to play the new versions above all, otherwise I would not have bothered to make them in the first place :P

Anyway - here is version 2.01!

What's new:
- a bug that could, under certain circumstances, alter the normal proceeding of the game has been corrected;
- when typing your name for the high score table, pressing DELETE (CAPS SHIFT + 0 for the 48K) will erase the last inserted character, while by pressing ENTER the name will be inserted immediately.

Download link is the same.
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »