WOOT 2020 is out. Happy ZXMAS.

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
R-Tape
Site Admin

WOOT 2020 is out. Happy ZXMAS.

Post by R-Tape »

WOOT is here!

DOWNLOAD THE ZIPPED BUNDLE HERE

The magazine part:
*WOOT! Tape Magazine issue #4 - ZXMAS 2020 Edition. Game reviews, general zx wibble.
*WOOT! The COVID Chronicle. A ZX perspective on a rather unusual year.
*WOOT! ZXMas 2020 Slideshow. Daft screens and cool music. nuff said.
*Desert Island Tapes. 8 specchums are being cast away on a desert island forever - they are allowed only 8 games. Which ones would you take?

Games/Demos/Utility:
*Roger the Pangolin in 2020 Knurled Tour. Fast, furious and bloody colourful rally game from Joefish.
*Mousetrap An incredibly addictive game from cmal, recovered from years ago. @cmal - can you give us a bit of the backstory?
*XMAS-oid. One level. Against the clock. Damned hard. Expect an expanded version in 2021.
*Love Tokens.BASIC keyword poem from uglifruit. 48 and 128, but the AY is great.
*Let It Three Letter Abbreviations In 6-8 time. Beautiful BEEP and graphics demo. I love this new style of demo - who needs happy hardcore and a bouncing scroller?!
*Dr Jim's Grand Gargoyle's Quest Jukebox. The music of the GameBOY game Gargoyle's Quest. @TMD giving his musical ear and the PLAY command a good seeing to. 128K only. You have to perservere with the key press if you want to exit a track - it gets you out soone or later.
*Corona-Chan's Existential Christmas Crisis. Jim promised a bleak and depressing demo - and he delivered. Raise a glass with Jim on xmas day.
*Flash Dance. A utility for merging two PAPER screens as two animated images into one FLASH screen.

Enjoy!
26 x

Andre Leao
Dynamite Dan

Re: WOOT 2020 is out. Happy ZXMAS.

Post by Andre Leao »

Wonderful, like always!

Congrats people, you have done a magnific job... Bravo!

Shared!

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... -saiu.html
2 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Andre Leao wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:53 pm
Wonderful, like always!

Congrats people, you have done a magnific job... Bravo!

Shared!

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... -saiu.html
Bloody hell you work fast!
1 x

TMD2003
Dynamite Dan

Post by TMD2003 »

Can I just say... "WOOT!" in response to this. I've actually had something published that isn't a Crap Game!
1 x
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!

DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

Thoroughly enjoyed that thank you!

The Spectrum beeper surprised me as the optimum way to recreate the bleak vibes of Joy Division's 'Isolation'..
1 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

TMD2003 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:13 pm
Can I just say... "WOOT!" in response to this. I've actually had something published that isn't a Crap Game!
Even your crap games aren't crap Jim! I have to thank you, as way back maybe in September, I nearly didn't bother. Then you asked about submitting and got my arse into gear.
DouglasReynholm wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:09 pm
The Spectrum beeper surprised me as the optimum way to recreate the bleak vibes of Joy Division's 'Isolation'..
That's @TMD2003's stock-in-trade. I asked if 3 tracks could be done in BEEP, and they were done sharpish, plus an adamski track that I didn't find a place for!
0 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

2 x

RWAC
Manic Miner

Post by RWAC »

I've only read the Covid Chronicle so far and it really made me laugh. Great work! Particularly loved the bit with Chris Whitty.
:lol:
2 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

RWAC wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:52 pm
I've only read the Covid Chronicle so far and it really made me laugh. Great work! Particularly loved the bit with Chris Whitty.
:lol:
Come to think of it, much of the vaccine bit at the end is yours!

(this will be better acknowledged in the next update)
0 x

TMD2003
Dynamite Dan

Post by TMD2003 »

R-Tape wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:27 pm
Even your crap games aren't crap Jim!
You didn't play DNA Dilemma, did you? Or Super Mario Fruit Machine, or Noughts and Crosses, or Advanced Horseshoe Magnet Simulator, or Complex Maths... WITH DRAGONS!, or +D Blue Peter, or the FOUR CRAP GAMES FROM THIS YEAR THAT ARE STILL YET TO BE REVEALED, though that last point isn't anything you or anyone else who isn't a blue face on a cyan body could have done anything about. But if you want to know what's still to be revealed, you know where to look... right?
R-Tape wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:27 pm
DouglasReynholm wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:09 pm
That's @TMD2003's stock-in-trade. I asked if 3 tracks could be done in BEEP, and they were done sharpish, plus an adamski track that I didn't find a place for!
The best thing about doing the BEEPs is that I've forced myself to write a crude sequencer that'll do the job in machine code, automatically working out the HL and DE values for each note. But if the Adamski track isn't in there (as I suspected it might not be), that makes me a saaaaaaaaaad panda. I'll have to find something to do with it. And I should probably put the sequencer on the BASIC Dumping Ground.

"Solitary brother, is there still a part of you that wants to live?"

It's a question that one member of a family of three in rural Essex probably doesn't need reminding about.

ALSØ:

Does anyone have a copy of the demo version of Pietro Bros. from the 2016 edition of WOOT!, seeing as I missed it at the time and it's the only title that's otherwise unavailable? Only the full version is available, but I'd be interested to see the demo.
0 x
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!