New version: AL'S DOUBLE BILL

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

New version: AL'S DOUBLE BILL

Post by Alessandro »

Hi everyone, the new version of the AL'S DOUBLE BILL compilation is out!

This is a collection of my first two games, Lost In My Spectrum and Apulija-13, as a disk-only release, specifically devised for 48K and 128K Spectrums equipped with Beta Disk or similar interfaces, or MGT Plus D, or memory card based interfaces such as the DivIDE or DivMMC, with the ESXDOS 0.8.5 or newer operative system.

It has also been tested (under SpecEmu emulation) for use with the Pentagon and TK-90X/TK-95 clones; these two machines in particular will be recognized as 48K Spectrums, and both games will run slightly faster on them.

The management program will automatically recognize if it is running on a 48K or on a 128K machine, and, for the Beta Disk format, if it is an original interface or a derivated one, such as the Arcade AR-20, IDS-91 or CBI-95.

File formats: TRD, SCL, MGT.

Languages: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese.

Please read the ADB.TXT file before use, and enjoy!

Download link
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: New version: AL'S DOUBLE BILL

Post by PeterJ »

Thank you [mention]Alessandro[/mention] This must have been a big project to put together. Much appreciated.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Thanks a lot Peter :D

In fact, the management program has been completely rewritten in Z80 Assembler from scratch, the previous one was in BASIC - slow as hell and unable to let the user switch from one game to another, as well as change the language.

Moreover, the old ADB was a 128K-only release; this is also suitable for the 48K, without any need for separate files.
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

Fantastic stuff. I just link this post on my page on Facebook
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Hi everybody,

I just found that a bug in the game management program for Apulija-13 128K TR-DOS version always made the Italian language version of the game (not of the user interface) be loaded, regardless of what language had been chosen by the user. This has been fixed.

The .MGT version was not affected by this bug.

Please download the file again from the link in the first post, the corrected files will (hopefully) be added to the SC archive with the next update.
d2010
Dizzy

Post by d2010 »

Alessandro wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:18 pm Thanks a lot Peter :D
I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss the details over chat. The project is to create an arx program from an autolisp program.
Spoiler