New Demo: Attribute 2 You

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
R-Tape
Site Admin

New Demo: Attribute 2 You

Post by R-Tape »

Eye and ear candy in this ATTR demo from Mat Gubbins.

ImageImage

And unlike the rest of us he was organised enough to be in time for the last update. Here's the SC page.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Re: New Demo: Attribute 2 You

Post by MatGubbins »

Cheers Dave for hosting the files, sorting the pictures and making the post. I'm a lazy git...

With a huge thanks to Yerzmyey for the ear candy music!!
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Very, very neat! The scrolling text could benefit from more refined timing (the occasional tearing makes it a tad difficult to read), but the main effects look superb! Me likey. :D
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
MonkZy
Manic Miner

Post by MonkZy »

A great demo :D Plenty of colour and some really good effects.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Thank you for the comments.
I don't yet understand how to write code to draw the screen at a certain point behind the raster, under the bus and around the corner from the box. I bung stuff on the screen as fast as I can and hope for the best. One day it will click into place.
The colouring of the scrolly message hides a lot of nasty stuff, without the colour makes it worse.

I've made a few code improvements since the upload but nothing spectacular. It's been a fun project that has kept me busy since the start of the year and given me a few ideas for a new game - but that's for another time. Let the good times roll. :D