Casanova

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Casanova

Post by Andre Leao »

Another game from Borrocop, Casanova, now released in portuguese.

It will have a physical version in a few months with the beta game (never released) on side B. Enjoy!

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... pasta.html
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: Casanova

Post by Ralf »

Some interesting story revealed here. So it was at first a game with completely different title and loading screen, called "Pizza e Pasta". A rather strange title if you ask me.

Please forgive me to link to some images from your blog ;)

Initial loading screens, completely unkown till now.

but similar to the inlay:
(please notice that the hero is holding a pistol on the inlay but in the game he never uses it and instead shoots musical notes from a guitar ;) ,
so it must be a leftover from earlier version which as we can read was a bit different )

and final screen that was with the sold game:

[mention]Andre Leao[/mention] , please condider sharing the earlier version with us so we could put it into the database.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Hi Ralf, thanks. :)

I will have to ask Alfonso if he wants to share the beta version, as it´s going to be released as a bonus on side B of the tape.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

What I remember of this game (I didn't know the 'Pizza & Pasta' story) is the stunning graphics of the buildings. Check the map, one of the most detailed I've ever seen.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Same recollections here, I never knew about this re-release/alternate title. Nice to look at but hard as nails! It took me a considerable effort just to finish the first level.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Alessandro wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:07 pm Same recollections here, I never knew about this re-release/alternate title. Nice to look at but hard as nails! It took me a considerable effort just to finish the first level.
Yep, one of the difficult games I have ever seen (as most of the spanish games). I could just completed it with cheats. :?