Doom Pit

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: Doom Pit

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Love the Durell game (never understood why it was never marketed) and Doom Pit looks cool as well. Time to give it a try!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

This came to mind after seeing this thread. [mention]Alessandro[/mention], it seems tapes are no longer available from Monument, so is there any chance this game can be made available as a tape image? (free or otherwise)
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Hi Dave,

as far as I am concerned, I would not object to a free digital distribution of Doom Pit and the Seto Taisho To Kazan bonus game which came with Seto Taisho Vs Yokai. More than a year has passed since their tape release. However I don't want to do anything without asking Graz Richards about it first.

As for the physical copies, you should definitely ask Graz about them, I have no control over the tape manufacturing process. In addition to that, I hope the Sophia/Sophia II compilation will be available within this year.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Alessandro wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:38 am As for the physical copies, you should definitely ask Graz about them, I have no control over the tape manufacturing process.
I have a couple of times, but I struggled to get through recently. It looked like non were available at the time though.

Either way, it looks like a huge amount of effort went into this game, so I hope you can nudge things in the right direction to get it more widely available sooner or later.