Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.
User avatar
Guesser
Dizzy
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Post by Guesser » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Einar Saukas wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:28 pm
Standard ZX81 screens should use SCR format.
You mean convert screenshots to spectrum screens?
0 x
My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.

User avatar
Einar Saukas
Manic Miner
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Re: Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Post by Einar Saukas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:57 pm

Guesser wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:33 pm
Einar Saukas wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:28 pm
Standard ZX81 screens should use SCR format.
You mean convert screenshots to spectrum screens?
I mean SCR format represents screens of 256x192 pixels, so it's appropriate for both Spectrum and ZX81 standard screens.
0 x

User avatar
Guesser
Dizzy
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Post by Guesser » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:20 pm

Einar Saukas wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:57 pm
I mean SCR format represents screens of 256x192 pixels, so it's appropriate for both Spectrum and ZX81 standard screens.
Should a "house style" be defined for the attributes when converting the screenshots, i.e. bright on or off?
0 x
My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.

User avatar
Einar Saukas
Manic Miner
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Re: Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Post by Einar Saukas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:34 pm

Bright off.

Thomas has been already generating ZX81 screens this way.

Regards,

Einar
1 x

Kweepa
Microbot
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Re: Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Post by Kweepa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:12 am

Is there an emulator we can use to generate SCR from zx81 games?
0 x

User avatar
Guesser
Dizzy
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Post by Guesser » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:36 am

Kweepa wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:12 am
Is there an emulator we can use to generate SCR from zx81 games?
I expect there is, if that's the format people are using, it's just the one I use doesn't. Another option would be to use the ZX81 emulator ROM in a spectrum emulator, then you can just directly make a .scr file but that's making loading things rather more fiddly than it needs to be.
0 x
My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.

User avatar
Lee Spoons
Berk
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:47 am

Re: Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Post by Lee Spoons » Tue May 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Do you want me to have a bash at 2015 then?
(It's back online now btw, thanks to deKay: http://csscgc2015.lofi-gaming.org.uk/ )
1 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 1144
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Post by R-Tape » Tue May 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Lee Spoons wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:55 pm
Do you want me to have a bash at 2015 then?
(It's back online now btw, thanks to deKay: http://csscgc2015.lofi-gaming.org.uk/ )
Oh you star, that'd be great.

Good to see the site back, last time I looked it was only on some wayback thingy.
0 x

User avatar
Lee Spoons
Berk
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:47 am

Re: Help wanted - CSS CGC entries

Post by Lee Spoons » Tue May 15, 2018 8:12 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:03 pm
Lee Spoons wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:55 pm
Do you want me to have a bash at 2015 then?
(It's back online now btw, thanks to deKay: http://csscgc2015.lofi-gaming.org.uk/ )
Oh you star, that'd be great.

Good to see the site back, last time I looked it was only on some wayback thingy.
No problem, I'll get on to it when I have some spare time (What, 2026? Ed.)
0 x

Post Reply