Graal

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.
Andre Leao
Microbot

Graal

Post by Andre Leao » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:01 pm

An italian MIA now preserved on Planeta Sinclair...

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... l-mia.html
1 x

Ralf
Manic Miner

Re: Graal

Post by Ralf » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:03 pm

I had a look.

Some advice:
- to download it click "aqui"
- then load it in emulator by LOAD "" CODE

As for the game itself, it's quite competent Manic Miner/Jest Set Willy clone written in machine code with proffesional inlay, pixel movement, ingame music and all the stuff that was considered cool in 1983. Unfortunately it's rather unplayable due to "impossible" difficulty level. It took me about 20 attempts just to walk out of first screen.

It's an interesting find anyway. Check it, nad maybe unlikeme, you'll enjoy the gameplay :)
1 x

richl
Berk

Post by richl » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:47 pm

I might just really suck at this game but maaaan it is unforgiving! Even just getting the game to start by pressing Enter seems to involve some special skill! Parsifal seems to be extremely allergic to acorns and water so I dunno why he thinks he's likely to survive alive skulls, snakes, wizards, skeletons etc, let along the sadly famous breath of the dragon. I'd not bother looking for the graal (or grail?) if I were him. He's just not cut out for this sort of thing.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up on this André :)
1 x

Andre Leao
Microbot

Post by Andre Leao » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:51 pm

Ralf wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:03 pm
I had a look.

Some advice:
- to download it click "aqui"
- then load it in emulator by LOAD "" CODE

As for the game itself, it's quite competent Manic Miner/Jest Set Willy clone written in machine code with proffesional inlay, pixel movement, ingame music and all the stuff that was considered cool in 1983. Unfortunately it's rather unplayable due to "impossible" difficulty level. It took me about 20 attempts just to walk out of first screen.

It's an interesting find anyway. Check it, nad maybe unlikeme, you'll enjoy the gameplay :)
Unplayable is the right word ;)
0 x

Ralf
Manic Miner

Post by Ralf » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:54 pm

By the way, don't you think this Parsifal look quite girly on the inlay ? :lol:
1 x