uMIA : EXA-BASIC

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.
Post Reply
User avatar
jpnz
Berk
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Hamilt[r]on - City Of The Future - NZ

uMIA : EXA-BASIC

Post by jpnz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:53 am

I stumbled across EXA-BASIC today - it's tucked away on cartridge number 16 (Utilities) of the Alkatraz Development Cartridges

It's an extended BASIC utility and needs an Interface 1 to work - executes at 57600
Image


It has two flavours of commands - graphic extensions prefixed with *
Image


And toolkit types - line renumber, tape header reader, turbo loader/saver etc prefixed with .
Image


*HELP and .HELP give those command summaries

Written by Antony Dunmore who contributed to the Alkatraz Protection System
1 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2523
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: uMIA : EXA-BASIC

Post by R-Tape » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:00 pm

jpnz wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:53 am
I stumbled across EXA-BASIC today - it's tucked away on cartridge number 16 (Utilities) of the Alkatraz Development Cartridges
I need to take a .scr for its ZXDB entry and am struggling to load this. I've tried loading the "BASIC CODE" from the TAP but I can't get anything sensible out of it. I'm not used to cartridges.

Can anyone help? :?
1 x

User avatar
Stefan
Dizzy
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: uMIA : EXA-BASIC

Post by Stefan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:48 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:00 pm
I need to take a .scr for its ZXDB entry and am struggling to load this. I've tried loading the "BASIC CODE" from the TAP but I can't get anything sensible out of it. I'm not used to cartridges.

Can anyone help? :?
With Fuse, enable interface 1 [Options / Peripherals / General... ], let Fuse tell you that you are missing if1-2.rom.
Scour the internet for if1-2.rom, download it and put it in the Fuse roms folder and try again.
Insert the microdrive image [ Media / Interface 1 / Microdrive 1 / Insert... ]

Code: Select all

CLEAR 57599
LOAD *"M";1;"BASIC CODE" CODE <-- file name is case sensitive
RANDOMIZE USR 57600
.help
*help
1 x

User avatar
jpnz
Berk
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Hamilt[r]on - City Of The Future - NZ

Re: uMIA : EXA-BASIC

Post by jpnz » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 am

R-Tape wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:00 pm
jpnz wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:53 am
I stumbled across EXA-BASIC today - it's tucked away on cartridge number 16 (Utilities) of the Alkatraz Development Cartridges
I need to take a .scr for its ZXDB entry and am struggling to load this. I've tried loading the "BASIC CODE" from the TAP but I can't get anything sensible out of it. I'm not used to cartridges.

Can anyone help? :?
Yeah, I can sort that out - I can probably create a standalone cartridge version as well.

EDIT - here we are, all the previously posted images, plus a couple of .SCRs and an .MDR image.

Plus a bonus TZX/CSW example of the turbo loader...

3 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2523
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: uMIA : EXA-BASIC

Post by R-Tape » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:52 pm

jpnz wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 am
Yeah, I can sort that out - I can probably create a standalone cartridge version as well.
Got it. Belt and braces! Ta very much.
1 x

User avatar
jpnz
Berk
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Hamilt[r]on - City Of The Future - NZ

Re: uMIA : EXA-BASIC

Post by jpnz » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:24 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:52 pm
jpnz wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 am
Yeah, I can sort that out - I can probably create a standalone cartridge version as well.
Got it. Belt and braces! Ta very much.
Cheers gents, thanks very much for sorting this!
0 x

Post Reply