More Orion (Portugal) software

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

More Orion (Portugal) software

Post by Neil Parsons »

I've already seen in your database, as well as in WOS Infoseek, there's only one referée to this Portuguese distribution label (pirate, probably?).

Well, I already have from some many months ago another release (a certain MIA) under Orion label of Interceptor Micro's Plummet, as I advised in my Twitter account. I couldn't make the tape work (maybe my Plus-2 tape deck needs some azimut alignment or cleaning), but I suppose it could be digitised somehow in a next future, if I find someone who can transfer the tape.

Thread: https://twitter.com/ignprigar/status/12 ... 9682605056

In the other hand, there might be other ZX Spectrum games released under this, ahem... pirate ...ahem, label.
lfaria
Dizzy

Re: More Orion (Portugal) software

Post by lfaria »

Neil, I'm Portuguese and I can tell you (I own some Orion tapes, but not that one) that Orion was just one (of many) Portuguese pirate distributor's label with no original software nor legal agreements with any software publisher.
The sleeve is always the same and the "title" space simply gets stamped with the tape's content.
The tapes themselves have glued "Orion" labels also stamped with the tape's content.
Sometime monochrome instructions (in Portuguese, made in a typewriter and then photocopied) where included, but not always)

The (single) reference in WOS should have never been added in the first place, in my opinion. :(
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Neil Parsons wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:28 pm I've already seen in your database, as well as in WOS Infoseek, there's only one referée to this Portuguese distribution label (pirate, probably?).

Well, I already have from some many months ago another release (a certain MIA) under Orion label of Interceptor Micro's Plummet, as I advised in my Twitter account. I couldn't make the tape work (maybe my Plus-2 tape deck needs some azimut alignment or cleaning), but I suppose it could be digitised somehow in a next future, if I find someone who can transfer the tape.

Thread: https://twitter.com/ignprigar/status/12 ... 9682605056

In the other hand, there might be other ZX Spectrum games released under this, ahem... pirate ...ahem, label.
Neil, can you send me a wav file so I can check what is happening? It probably needs the aizmuth fo be alligned...
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

After trying to load the game (unsuccesfully, in spite of moving azimut slightly to and fro), I heard the tape from the beginning to the end. Only one side is recorded and, as I noticed, the sound is inconsistent in some parts (low quality), mainly during the part of the main code.

Sadly I don't have any form to save the recorded side to WAV.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

#André : Well I don't mind to send you this tape, though
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

Don't you have a simple microphone ?

If you can listen to the sound, you can save the audio using a mobile phone for example.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Neil Parsons wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:44 pm #André : Well I don't mind to send you this tape, though
Hi Neil, I would appreciate that. I will see whta I can do for your tape :)