Whirlwind

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.
cmal
Microbot

Re: Whirlwind

Post by cmal »

akeley wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 pm
Andre Leao wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:23 pm
It belongs to Luís Rato... ;)
I'm glad some collectors know that sharing is caring :) Please send a big thank you to Mr. Rato from us.

This game is obscure, old and insanely hard. This gives me an idea....
Oh No!!!
3 x

TugaofSpectrum
Berk

Post by TugaofSpectrum »

Glad that there's still people around enjoying the effort that some people put into preservation. It's extremely time consuming sometimes, but being a collector and in my case very extensively on ZX, it's also a big responsibility, part of a generation history that makes more sense being accessible to the entire community than just rotting on my shelf.

It's very sad that I keep seeing games flowing around to collectors or resellers and not being preserved, sometimes people don't know how to do it and can't care less, or some other's prefer to keep them as MIA on their shelf just to make sure they keep the biggest value (£) possible.

Regarding Whirlwind after preserving played up to level 3 if I recall, really enjoyed the game, quite challenging and very difficult.

Cheers guys
Tuga of Spectrum (Rato dude)
8 x

Ralf
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ralf »

Nice find! Quite a good quality for such an obscure game.

It seems at first glance to be a Manic Miner clone but it's actually more a puzzle. Rather hard, as people say.
1 x