MIA Help

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

blueowl0708
Drutt

MIA Help

Post by blueowl0708 »

Hello! LTRFTW :p

I have some MIAs that I listed on WOS a while back (one of them was FIVE years ago :(..)

Having giving up hope of anything ever happening there (other opinions are available, not interested in the politics :p) I'd like to instead submit them to the DB here. How do I go about doing that?
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: MIA Help

Post by Ralf »

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Maybe just share them here in this thread with some description.
You can use some file sharing website like Dropbox or Sendspace to upload the files. Ask if you don't have any experience with it.

And then they should be added to the database at some moment. We DO HAVE database updates here. Maybe recently a bit less frequently than before but I guess there should be some update yet this year ;)

Thanks for you help!
blueowl0708
Drutt

Post by blueowl0708 »

No problem, I will sort that out later :)

Deja-Vu @Ralf? :D

https://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ ... oft#latest
Last edited by blueowl0708 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

[mention]blueowl0708[/mention] I've sent you a PM.

As Ralf says you can make available online, or email to me and I'll take care of them. Cheers.

Work is being done on an upload form, but it's all taking a while. For now things can be emailed via 'contacts' on the home page.
Ralf wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:14 am And then they should be added to the database at some moment. We DO HAVE database updates here. Maybe recently a bit less frequently than before but I guess there should be some update yet this year ;)
Updates are nowhere near as frequent as I'd like; Einar's a very busy chap these days. There's one due, and I hope we can get back to monthly ones after that.
blueowl0708
Drutt

Post by blueowl0708 »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:22 am Updates are nowhere near as frequent as I'd like; Einar's a very busy chap these days. There's one due, and I hope we can get back to monthly ones after that.
Any updates is better than no updates!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Hi [mention]blueowl0708[/mention],

We're hoping to do another update in about a week, that will mop up a lot of things missed before, and due since. Any chance you could make the files available soonish?
blueowl0708
Drutt

Post by blueowl0708 »

Excellent timing, I've just finished uploading to my webspace :)

New post incoming...