Upload/Update files to ZX Spectrum Archive sites

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

cha05e90
Dizzy

Upload/Update files to ZX Spectrum Archive sites

Post by cha05e90 »

Hi!

Being a "re-activated" ZX Spectrum user I'm still trying to learn about what happend since ~1992 (my last dated file entry on one of my old ZX Microdrive cartridges...:-)). While I both often scan WoS and ZXDB for old software titles I am now in a situation where I would like to upload stuff.
For example I would like to contribute some missing instructions to already archived software and I may upload some new stuff, which might be interesting to the Sinclair public as well. ATM I'm not sure how to do that...hence here are some maybe dumb questions...

Is there any restriction or rule when and how I can use the EDIT page here at ZXDB to add and/or update an entry?
Is the upload function on the other side/site (WoS) still usable?
Should someone contribute to both sites?

Thanks and regards,
Frank
48K/+/+/+/+128K/Vega/Next&80/81&88
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: Upload/Update files to ZX Spectrum Archive sites

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Hi, [mention]cha05e90[/mention] , have a look in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1097

Don't hesitate to upload every stuff you have not included in this archive.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Hi, thank for your offer to submit some stuff.

Don't be afraid to use the Spectrum Computing upload form. Remember, even if you fill something incorrectly, your submission is finally processed
by a human, not some soulless algorythm so mistakes will be fixed. The most important thing is the content that you will upload.

As for WOS, well it's a delicate matter to discuss ;) From what I remember their upload form doesn't work. You can contact Lee or other person in charge and probably submit your stuff by email or so. Just remember, they didn't make a single database update for over 5 years so don't hold your breath when it will be added.
cha05e90
Dizzy

Post by cha05e90 »

Thanks guys!

Ok, so I have uploaded my first little gem - a type-in from a German computer magazine that helped me a lot while fiddling around with the usual beginner's mixture of BASIC and m/code. I found this on one of my ZX Microdrive cartridges..:-) I generated a proper tape file. By the way: I was really surprised that WoS (the new live. site) really had this obscure (even in Germany!) magazine in it's database...

One question: I uploaded loading and running screens as .scr files. Shall I add .gif files as well?
48K/+/+/+/+128K/Vega/Next&80/81&88
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

.scr files are perfect. Thanks
Mort
Microbot

Post by Mort »

I would load up to both sites, Or upload to the cloud and pass the info on to the moderators who can bulk download to their hearts content ;)
Scanner extraordinaire, 1000`s of magazines and Software from the 8 and 16 bit era now up on internet archive in lovely 600dpi.
Donations are welcome of items to scan that are no longer needed ;)
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

One question. If I want to add files (tape image or inlays) to an existing entry, p.e.: Xadom by Quicksilva, do I have to enter same information from that entry on General boxes or leave them empty? I have a doubt here...

Using the same example, thanks to a friend of mine, a TZX file of Xadom game edited in Spain by Power Software is already available. So I want to add it to game's profile using Edit option. What do I have to do, exactly?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi, just leave the other fields empty. Thanks
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

Thank you. Seems so easy. :)