LosInhumanos

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

goodboy
Microbot

LosInhumanos

Post by goodboy »

the full version of this game still did not appear, but I managed to convert intro from MSX back on a Spectrum.
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=2486

https://zx-pk.ru/attachment.php?attachm ... 1546200048 (It`s scl/trd variant)
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: LosInhumanos

Post by Ralf »

I had once tape version of Los Inhumanos recovered from somewhere. And it had the demo you mention.

Unfortunately personally I don't have it anymore. I uploaded it to SPA2 and deleted from my disk. I believed it would become available soon
but well, 8 years passed :)

Here's the list of software uploaded to SPA2, with Los Inhumanos mentioned.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Maybe we could get it from them. I appreciate your work Goodboy but getting something closer to the original would be even better.
goodboy
Microbot

Post by goodboy »

Ralf wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:17 pm I appreciate your work Goodboy but getting something closer to the original would be even better.
yes, of course.
I in general accidentally noticed intro in this game on msx and did not expect that easily it will be possible to transfer it.
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

Ralf wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:17 pm I had once tape version of Los Inhumanos recovered from somewhere. And it had the demo you mention.

Unfortunately personally I don't have it anymore. I uploaded it to SPA2 and deleted from my disk. I believed it would become available soon
but well, 8 years passed :)
You're absolutely right. My fault - I'm sorry!

We keep working on SPA2, though at a slower pace than we'd like to. We haven't ever stopped, but forces are limited.

Anyway, it's published now! You can get it from https://spa2.speccy.org/english/. Please feel free to upload it to SC!
goodboy
Microbot

Post by goodboy »

many thanks
it was necessary to find the normal version of the game Tuma7
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

Unfortunately, Tuma 7 is yet to be preserved. If anyone has a copy, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Thanks jpablo!

I don't know all the story behind SPA2 lacking updates. I may only guess it's connected to
WOS lacking updates. In the past I remember Martijn and you working closely together on updates so
new stuff appeared at the same time on website.

I also suppose that you have more real life duties, are more tired and sometimes simply don't find time or power
to work on your hobby. Don't worry, we all suffer from that, more or less ;)

I hope to see more updates, even if it would be single games, as today. You must have a lot of hidden gems in
your treasure room ;)
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

An now I compared both intros - original and restored from MSX. Practiacally no difference. Definitely a good job, Goodboy.

By the way, maybe you could be interested with restoring final part of Sabrina from Amstrad CPC? ;) It would be something similar
to the work you did with Los Inhumanos:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1412
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

You're welcome, Ralf! Thank you very much for your understanding.

It's nothing related to the fact of WOS lacking any more updates, actually. Paradoxically, that would only mean a slightly lighter update process for SPA2, if anything. Anyway, the WOS sync was blazing fast, because Martijn's work was always superb and everything was pretty automatised.

Nah, it's just (or mainly) everyday life getting in the middle. During the first three years (2010-2013), I had to focus in my PhD so I had to leave SPA2 aside. Then kids came -I have three of them- so my spare time became (still is) pretty diminished.

Fortunately, some kind colleagues (Jose Luis Soler and others) are massively helping with preservation and maintenance tasks, so stuff keeps coming and being properly archived for later release. It's just that most of it is not yet seeing the light of day.

I keep preserving things as well, yet very scarcely. This morning, for instance, I dumped the Spanish +3 disk version of Hundra, which Fede Jerez kindly loaned to me. [Fede is another very active collaborator - he's dumping a lot of tapes himself]. These days, anyway, I usually spend my spare time in evolving SPA2 itself. Once we get there, we'll start publishing all that archived stuff, but if you happen to miss anything in particular, do not hesitate to give me a shout!
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

Ralf wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:51 am By the way, maybe you could be interested with restoring final part of Sabrina from Amstrad CPC? ;) It would be something similar
to the work you did with Los Inhumanos:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1412

Sabrina is in the pipeline as well - it was already preserved and it will reach the archive someday. Anyway, you can find a working TZX in Jose Manuel's excellent site:

http://trastero.speccy.org/2012/140512/150512.htm
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Jpablo, thanks for the explanation.

As for Sabrina, I believe it's incomplete and that it was a tape dumping error during production which skipped the ending. See the attached thread.
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

Whoops - I overlooked that thread, sorry!

(I was even mentioned there! :o )

The version that José Manuel released through in El Trastero corresponds to the original release (double case - it came with a music tape).
We've got another TZX in the pipeline, which corresponds to the single case re-release. Unfortunately, I can confirm that the contents are the same.
goodboy
Microbot

Sabrina

Post by goodboy »

probably the final (if it was) was in the separate program.
game by the way is written (and it is compiled) on a BASIC
Last edited by goodboy on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goodboy
Microbot

Post by goodboy »

Ralf wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:51 am An now I compared both intros - original and restored from MSX. Practiacally no difference. Definitely a good job, Goodboy.
in my code the screen is cleaned quicker (especially considerably on the black screen with a cloud)
goodboy
Microbot

Sabrina

Post by goodboy »

oh my god
the final in a game is written on a clean BASIC
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Goodboy, do you mean the final of Sabrina from Amstrad CPC?

Would it make it for you easier or harder to convert it to Spectrum?

Mods, if we discuss more about Sabrina here, you may consider to move this talk to another thread
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

Yesterday I asked my good colleague Fede to check his Sabrina tape in order to make sure that sides 1 and 2 were exactly the same - and indeed they are.

In other words: in data terms, José Manuel's TZX image is a perfect image of what was published in both sides. This applies both for the first Iber release, and for the subsequent IBSA re-release. [*]

Another colleague (José Luis) noticed that the main load stops just before the two final blocks. It would be interesting to see if those two blocks were later loaded during the game. At least there is a routine to load them which is contained in the data block with 333378 bytes, but we don't know if it used - we didn't play the game enough... Just in case that the final screen was contained in one of those two blocks.

[*] NR: As you will see, this tape is pretty dodgy since it contains some "rubbish data" at the end of many blocks. I.e., they are slightly longer than expected - even some header blocks! In the aforementioned TZX image, this extra data is encoded by means of pulse blocks. We've got a couple of alternate TZX images in which pure data blocks are used instead of those pulse blocks, but both types of TZX images are correct and complete - it is just a matter of data presentation. Anyway, this particularity seems to be complete unrelated to the fact of the final screen not being available
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

It would be interesting to see if those two blocks were later loaded during the game. At least there is a routine to load them which is contained in the data block with 333378 bytes, but we don't know if it used - we didn't play the game enough...
Sabrina is a multiload game.
At first you load some intro - speech+animation
Then you load proper game + first level
Then, when you complete first level you load second level
Then you should load ending but it's missing

You may heck the recording at Rzx Archive:
http://www.rzxarchive.co.uk/s/sabrina.zip

So everything is loaded but it's not enough. I would say that you have a perfect copy of existing tape, no more preservation work is needed.
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

Thanks for clarifying Ralf!
So everything is loaded but it's not enough. I would say that you have a perfect copy of existing tape, no more preservation work is needed.
So it seems, yep :(