LosInhumanos

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: LosInhumanos

Post by Ralf »

Jpablo, thanks for the explanation.

As for Sabrina, I believe it's incomplete and that it was a tape dumping error during production which skipped the ending. See the attached thread.
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

Whoops - I overlooked that thread, sorry!

(I was even mentioned there! :o )

The version that José Manuel released through in El Trastero corresponds to the original release (double case - it came with a music tape).
We've got another TZX in the pipeline, which corresponds to the single case re-release. Unfortunately, I can confirm that the contents are the same.
goodboy
Microbot

Sabrina

Post by goodboy »

probably the final (if it was) was in the separate program.
game by the way is written (and it is compiled) on a BASIC
Last edited by goodboy on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goodboy
Microbot

Post by goodboy »

Ralf wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:51 am An now I compared both intros - original and restored from MSX. Practiacally no difference. Definitely a good job, Goodboy.
in my code the screen is cleaned quicker (especially considerably on the black screen with a cloud)
goodboy
Microbot

Sabrina

Post by goodboy »

oh my god
the final in a game is written on a clean BASIC
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Goodboy, do you mean the final of Sabrina from Amstrad CPC?

Would it make it for you easier or harder to convert it to Spectrum?

Mods, if we discuss more about Sabrina here, you may consider to move this talk to another thread
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

Yesterday I asked my good colleague Fede to check his Sabrina tape in order to make sure that sides 1 and 2 were exactly the same - and indeed they are.

In other words: in data terms, José Manuel's TZX image is a perfect image of what was published in both sides. This applies both for the first Iber release, and for the subsequent IBSA re-release. [*]

Another colleague (José Luis) noticed that the main load stops just before the two final blocks. It would be interesting to see if those two blocks were later loaded during the game. At least there is a routine to load them which is contained in the data block with 333378 bytes, but we don't know if it used - we didn't play the game enough... Just in case that the final screen was contained in one of those two blocks.

[*] NR: As you will see, this tape is pretty dodgy since it contains some "rubbish data" at the end of many blocks. I.e., they are slightly longer than expected - even some header blocks! In the aforementioned TZX image, this extra data is encoded by means of pulse blocks. We've got a couple of alternate TZX images in which pure data blocks are used instead of those pulse blocks, but both types of TZX images are correct and complete - it is just a matter of data presentation. Anyway, this particularity seems to be complete unrelated to the fact of the final screen not being available
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

It would be interesting to see if those two blocks were later loaded during the game. At least there is a routine to load them which is contained in the data block with 333378 bytes, but we don't know if it used - we didn't play the game enough...
Sabrina is a multiload game.
At first you load some intro - speech+animation
Then you load proper game + first level
Then, when you complete first level you load second level
Then you should load ending but it's missing

You may heck the recording at Rzx Archive:
http://www.rzxarchive.co.uk/s/sabrina.zip

So everything is loaded but it's not enough. I would say that you have a perfect copy of existing tape, no more preservation work is needed.
jpablo
Drutt

Post by jpablo »

Thanks for clarifying Ralf!
So everything is loaded but it's not enough. I would say that you have a perfect copy of existing tape, no more preservation work is needed.
So it seems, yep :(