Help with permissions

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

R-Tape
Site Admin

Help with permissions

Post by R-Tape »

Can anyone with connections help with permissions for any of these games?

Astroblaster. Matt Jackson. Who the hell is this mysterious genius, and can we host this game? Where did it first spring from?

Mage Rage. I put together a version of Jon's game that includes Andy Green's loading screen (I haven't tested it to completion). Can we host his game, and can we host the version I put together?

Time Blaster. Marc Incely has shared it on his own site. Can we have it here?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Help with permissions

Post by R-Tape »

I'll be working on an update this week. Just giving this a quick bump in case anyone is able to contact any of the above authors.
DenisGrachev
Dizzy

Post by DenisGrachev »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:46 pm Can anyone with connections help with permissions for any of these games?

Astroblaster. Matt Jackson. Who the hell is this mysterious genius, and can we host this game? Where did it first spring from?
I've seen his post at facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/z80asm/ ... 889807607/
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

DenisGrachev wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:29 pm I've seen his post at facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/z80asm/ ... 889807607/
Ta Denis, but I'm not on Facebook so I can't read that. Does it have info about permissions? Or if Matt Jackson is in that group could they ask him if we can host the game at SC (or even better: at all free sites that use ZXDB)?
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:27 pm Ta Denis, but I'm not on Facebook so I can't read that. Does it have info about permissions? Or if Matt Jackson is in that group could they ask him if we can host the game at SC (or even better: at all free sites that use ZXDB)?
I've added a pointer from the facebook post to this thread.
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

Stefan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:29 pm I've added a pointer from the facebook post to this thread.
[mention]R-Tape[/mention] Matt has replied that he is fine with it:
Matt Jackson Yep! Fine with that! 👍
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Stefan wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 am @R-Tape Matt has replied that he is fine with it:
Matt Jackson Yep! Fine with that! 👍
You beauty!

Thanks a lot Stefan.

Thanks Matt (you're a genius).

Hopefully I caught it in time for the next update.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Can anyone help with permission status of these text adventures? (even if it's a "non/no")

The Queen's Footsteps
Two Days to the Race
Rescate 2019 (Primera Parte)
Una Luz en la Nieve

The last two are still commercial, but maybe the author can bear us in mind in the longer term?
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Just contacted Sequentiasoft (Una Luz en la Nieve and others).

Let's hope it will be successful!
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Also contacted the author of Rescate, I still don't have a direct answer but in the meantime I'm going to add the website to his profile on the ZXDB.

✓ Reviewed
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:16 pm The Queen's Footsteps
Two Days to the Race
Davide email can be found on his website. I can ping him if no one did this already :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

druellan wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:47 pm Davide email can be found on his website. I can ping him if no one did this already :)
Cheers. I didn't see that. I'll email him.

EDITED - sh*te joke removed
DarwinNE
Drutt

Post by DarwinNE »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:16 pm The Queen's Footsteps
Two Days to the Race
Hello! I'm Davide Bucci and I wrote both games. For me it's perfectly OK if you upload them on a database!

Please play them, enjoy them, share them with your friends as much as you like! :)
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

The guys from sequentiasoft just answered. They were very kind and polite. They thanked us for the web, and they'll send me the TAP files as well as the online permission. Really cool guys!

They want SC to include certain info as they currently sell phisical copies and they are also a company that made filming advertising.

In 'authors' section, they would like to include something like this: (for example, in El Mosquetero de la Reina)

Official physical copies (tapes) available upon request > www.sequentiasoft.wordpress.com

Official trailer >

https://youtu.be/BB_otcBGNKY

I've just re-sent this email to SC. I'll do the same when I got the email with the TAPs and permission.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:05 pm The guys from sequentiasoft just answered. They were very kind and polite. They thanked us for the web, and they'll send me the TAP files as well as the online permission. Really cool guys!
I thought I'd asked too soon after release, so this is excellent news. Thanks Juan and SequentiaSoft!

About the message, for some publishers we have a special section in 'main file downloads'. See this Zenobi entry as an example. So that's where the message will appear.

So, should the message be:
"Official physical copies (tapes) available upon request > www.sequentiasoft.wordpress.com"
Or might I suggest:
Spectrum Computing is grateful to Sequentia Soft for giving us permission to make these files available for download. Official downloads and cassettes are available from https://sequentia-soft.itch.io/
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

The second option seems better (but with the wordpress link as they told me)

And the youtube link might be included in case the game has it.

This was an old topic discussed some time ago: including promo or ad videos of games.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

R-Tape wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:20 pm
Spectrum Computing is grateful to Sequentia Soft for giving us permission to make these files available for download. Official downloads and cassettes are available from https://sequentia-soft.itch.io/
Ah! Perfect. When I contacted the author asking for screencaps, he commented something similar, but I decided to hold that change from the current ZXDB release, so this is a timely update.
Mousey
Microbot

Post by Mousey »

Did this ever happen? I can't see any downloads or the requested comment against entries for Sequentia Soft.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Mousey wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:01 am Did this ever happen? I can't see any downloads or the requested comment against entries for Sequentia Soft.
I can't remember what happened here. Will check and sort for the next update. Ta for the nudge.
✓ Reviewed
files added 2021/10/21, awaiting an update.