Radiation Run

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

druellan
Dynamite Dan

Re: Little bugs in the database 2

Post by druellan »

Not really a bug but I´ve found this small classified in the Sinclair User Magazine 39 from 1985, page 130.

Searching the database I can't find any "Radiation Run" listed, which is expected, but perhaps worth to have it listed just as a reminder that something with that name probably existed?

I need to dig a little more, but so far seems that the only information is that might be an arcade/adventure game for the ZX Spectrum 48k.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

druellan wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:17 am Not really a bug but I´ve found this small classified in the Sinclair User Magazine 39 from 1985, page 130.

Searching the database I can't find any "Radiation Run" listed, which is expected, but perhaps worth to have it listed just as a reminder that something with that name probably existed?

I need to dig a little more, but so far seems that the only information is that might be an arcade/adventure game for the ZX Spectrum 48k.
My question is: In these cases... how are they
classified it? MIA or 'never released'? (I suppose both are mutually exclusive)
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 am
druellan wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:17 am Not really a bug but I´ve found this small classified in the Sinclair User Magazine 39 from 1985, page 130.

My question is: In these cases... how are they
classified it? MIA or 'never released'? (I suppose both are mutually exclusive)
I think they must be MIAs, let's assume this is not a scam, and the software actually existed. [mention]R-Tape[/mention] ?
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

druellan wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:25 pm I think they must be MIAs, let's assume this is not a scam, but the software actually existed. @R-Tape ?
The normal procedure is to add them to the database as MIA titles... There are lots of games added from "small ads" entries... Some even turn up every so often. Always good to log them, so people know to look for them. Definitely worth checking for variations on the name and existing "known" software makers with the same address... It was not uncommon for the small ads to contain typing/transcription errors.

(It's pretty important that a magazine reference gets added at the same time, so the source isn't lost)
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

(thread move by R-Tape)

Aye, unless someone suggests otherwise I can create a new ID for this. It might not be in the next update as I need to find out about magazine links.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Radiation Run

Post by R-Tape »

New entry created for the next update, with magazine link. If anyone finds more info on this game post it here! Four pounds says it's not as good as 4 minute warning.