MAG: Desert Island Disks

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Frankie
Manic Miner

MAG: Desert Island Disks

Post by Frankie »

Noticed that only a few of my Fanzine is online on this site. I've uploaded them all to WOS a long time ago, but nothing happens...SURPRISE :D

So here is a dropbox link to everything that was published. Please swap the issues already online, as I seem to remember they are not in best condition, with dirty pages and all. The ZIP files as said include everything published, and are scans from the clean mastercopies :)

Mostly a mag for the gamers, but I hope some out there will enjoy them :)

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/92gab6711adulu9/DID.zip?dl=0
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: MAG: Desert Island Disks

Post by Einar Saukas »

Frankie wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 am Noticed that only a few of my Fanzine is online on this site. I've uploaded them all to WOS a long time ago, but nothing happens...SURPRISE :D

So here is a dropbox link to everything that was published. Please swap the issues already online, as I seem to remember they are not in best condition, with dirty pages and all. The ZIP files as said include everything published, and are scans from the clean mastercopies :)

Thank you! This will be in the next archive update.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I was pleasantly surprised to find they were in English [mention]Frankie[/mention]. Thank you for sharing!
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

Einar Saukas wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:04 pm
Frankie wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 am Noticed that only a few of my Fanzine is online on this site. I've uploaded them all to WOS a long time ago, but nothing happens...SURPRISE :D

Thank you! This will be in the next archive update.
Great, thanks :)
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

PeterJ wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:11 pm I was pleasantly surprised to find they were in English @Frankie. Thank you for sharing!
I knew a nice lady in the UK who checked the text written by me before it was printed :D

Some of the best moments are Jon Ritman naming the games he would take with him to a deserted island, and the interview with John F. Cain and Michael Batty. Good days :)
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

Thanks a lot Frankie!

Interesting read, nicely produced, its so good to have Spectrum info, reviews and articles still being produced. It says a lot about the Speccy and its multi national community that to this day theres still so much interest and ingenuity being expended on keeping it alive and flourishing!

Its been a good day for finding new things to enjoy reading.