Help wanted - Czech games

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

R-Tape
Site Admin

Help wanted - Czech games

Post by R-Tape »

Some Czech games from this link are missing from ZXDB.

Is anyone willing to volunteer to look for games missing from ZXDB and organise Tape images, screenshots and information about them?

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is, for each missing game:

1 - Get a TZX or TAP of the game.
2 - Get two screenshots - one loading and one ingame, saved as .scr
3 - Put as much of following information as you can find into a text file: Title, Language, Release date, Genre, 48k or 128k (minimum model), Publisher (if applicable), Author/s (with roles if possible e.g. code, music, graphics).

Put into a folder titled with the game's name.

These ones are definitely missing:

Transfer
Podraz 7
Zlaty Pohar
Podzemni Mesto

Anyone? :?
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Re: Help wanted - Czech games

Post by Pegaz »

Here you can find a large number of Czech and Slovakian games, including all those you mention:
https://cs.speccy.cz/?scn=1

Also, there are some demos and several games for zx81 and Sam Coupe:
https://cs.speccy.cz/?scn=2
https://cs.speccy.cz/?scn=5
https://cs.speccy.cz/?scn=6
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Cheers - they are the same link as the one I posted.

I'm asking if someone is willing to find which specific games are missing, and collect the files in the way I describe.

Basically I'm asking someone to do the hard work, it's a tough job but the credit is worth it :mrgreen:
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Sure, I can help. :)

But firstly I am still waiting for better API at SpectrumComputing for adding new titles/screenshots via HTML form.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:24 pm Cheers - they are the same link as the one I posted.

I'm asking if someone is willing to find which specific games are missing, and collect the files in the way I describe.

Basically I'm asking someone to do the hard work, it's a tough job but the credit is worth it :mrgreen:
Sorry, I've seen that the tap / tzx files for some of these missing games are on this link.
Also, some information can be found in title screens, like author names...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

pavero wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 pm Sure, I can help. :)

But firstly I am still waiting for better API at SpectrumComputing for adding new titles/screenshots via HTML form.
Hi [mention]pavero[/mention]. [mention]Mike Davies[/mention] is working on this project and it's coming along very well. He is working closely with [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] too.There should be something to show soon.

Thank you as always for your help and contributions to the site. We should be ready to go site wide with JSSpeccy soon too. I'm speaking to the author and asking if he would consider some updates like a virtual keyboard.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Just to check if this form would be appropriate for the information thats needed?
Podraz7.zip

This is just an example, I assume that Pavero will have much more details.
In this case, I was attracted by a familiar publisher group name - Pegas. :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Pegaz wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 pm Just to check if this form would be appropriate for the information thats needed?
Podraz7.zip
Perfect! Thanks.

If you had time to do these as well it would be a great help.

Transfer
Zlaty Pohar
Podzemni Mesto
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

PeterJ wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:22 pm Hi @pavero. @Mike Davies is working on this project and it's coming along very well. He is working closely with @Einar Saukas too.There should be something to show

Great news!
PeterJ wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:22 pm Thank you as always for your help and contributions to the site. We should be ready to go site wide with JSSpeccy soon too. I'm speaking to the author and asking if he would consider some updates like a virtual keyboard.
Yes, it would be fine to see other development of this emulator.