A Yankee in ZXDB

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Re: A Yankee in ZXDB

Post by Seven.FFF »

So basically, the first 8x8 SCR is inauthentic, because it's been put through a transformation process to capture what the user saw on the screen in that frame.

But the second 8x8 SCR is authentic, even though it's been captured with a different sampling method and rate, then put through several transformation processes into a file that in principle would contain exactly the same bytes (if it was from the same gameplay instance, at least).
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Seven.FFF wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:19 pmSo basically, the first 8x8 SCR is inauthentic, because it's been put through a transformation process to capture what the user saw on the screen in that frame.
No, it wasn't what the user saw in that frame. It was a composition:
Ast A. Moore wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:17 pmI then grabbed a couple of frames from that GIF, opened them in a graphics editor, and cut and moved the sprites around until I was satisfied with the composition.
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Post by Seven.FFF »

I ran a green sharpie round the edge of my monitor, but the bits didn't sound any better either.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins